12/1 Jenks AMPS 76 + 4 60 +8 33 +9 72 PMPS 156 +4 88 +7 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AZJenks, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

11/30

Beautiful overnight with Jenks returning to, and surfing, the 70s. Last night was out 6th cycle at 8.5U, and his numbers have been ideal but for that weird anomaly last night at PMPS. This morning I was faced with the dilemma I was trying to resolve last night, which is how much to reduce the dose. Ultimately, I chose to try the half unit reduction to 8.0U this morning. That's in line with the half unit adjustments we've been doing for most of the year. Hopefully it minimizes or eliminates the trips to the 40s during the day time while preserving the flat, calm, green overnight cycles. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Steady as we go Mr. Jenks!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose. I hope it flattens Jenks out.

3. AZJenks

Wow, what a day! Lowest AMPS of the vacation cycle. Knowing that he goes lower during the day, it was a perfect time to implement the half unit dose reduction to 8.0U. That was meant to keep him from the 40s during the day, and hopefully to maintain the really great, flat overnight cycles.

First check of the day, splendid! A beautiful 60. Down only 16 points in 4 hours. No crisis there, so I gave him some food to keep him level and then afforded myself the luxury of an extended nap. I was expecting a similar number for the +8 test when I came back, but instead got quite the eye-opener when I saw him in the 30s. I have no idea where that came from or why a cycle on a half unit less of insulin would be stronger than the past three days at a higher dose.

I gave him gravy and a generous helping of karo syrup which successfully got him back into safe territory. His numbers continued to rise into PMPS, which isn't exactly a surprise. Whether they will continue up or stop and come back down for the overnight cycle is yet to be determined.

A trip to the 30s is no joke, and the protocol calls for an immediate reduction. I would've done that had I just not taken a half unit reduction on that very cycle. So I held the dose for the night cycle, and just have to trust in monitoring and the likelihood that this is just carryover momentum from the previous 8.5U dose. I'll have to be more vigilant tomorrow, which means resigning myself back to two or three hour sleep shifts as needed.

4. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Yikes! Glad you got him back up. No clue about the back to back reductions, but I bet this action was from the depot. Be safe, Jenks!

5. AZJenks

Thanks @Stacy & Asia! Hopefully it's just another night of pleasant 70s. I need a break haha

6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I hope so too. I think you get a break when OH returns :joyful:

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

When does OH come home?? ;)

8. AZJenks

Jenks just clocked in at 88. Slow down there buddy. Not much lower than this for the rest of the night please.

9. AZJenks

Hanging out in the 80s overnight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.