12/14 Mandarin AMPS 86, PMPS 95 - reducie / Walter AMPS 87, PMPS 61

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandarin'sMom, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Last condo

Once again, I am glad I was home to catch Mandarin on his shark hunt and "reward" him with some FF Gravy Lovers. Technically speaking, this was his third drop below 50 and he has earned a reducie. I am just not sure if he is ready for one. I would much rather reduce him after 7 days in green... or should I just give him the reduction and see what happens?

Meanwhile, Walter is rocking his latest reducie. This is day #4 on the reduced dose and he has been in the lagoon non-stop.

And I am trying very hard to focus on my grading, but there are only so many paper you can read in a row. Can't wait to be done!

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

The boys are doing awesome Christina!
    Personally, I always take the reduction when it's earned; I think it's the safest way.
    It's been a long time since Boomer received that little insulin; is there an amount less than .1u? Is that "some" insulin when you depress the plunger and suck up a drop? If yes, then I would go to that dose. Last time you tired the OTJ trial he accidentally fell into it and maybe the drop from .25u to no insulin was too much for his pancreas to handle. But now he's had additional time on .1 with beautiful numbers...and he'll have additional time with "some" insulin.

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Boys are doing awesome. Can't help with you your insulin dilemma as I have not been fortunate enough to get that far.

Mandarin'sMom likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Both boys look great. I'd take the reduction just to be safe.

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Mandarin is looking so good! If you are unable to monitor closely this weekend I would reduce. Otherwise I migh do the .1 dose again but squeeze out one drop.

6. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

A reducie it is! I took Mandarin down to 1 drop. Not sure how accurately I can really measure that, but I'll just make it a tiny bit less than what he's been getting. If that's not enough juice, I can always take him back up.

Even though Walter got to share his brother's HC food earlier this cycle, it didn't seem to have any effect on his BG levels.

And this bean just hit the "submit" button for the final grades - I am officially done for the semester!

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Congrats on your semester being over! Great timing for the surfers you are living with!

8. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay, Christina!! what a relief to have that finished.
    I can't even imagine giving one drop of insulin (or 0.1 u for that matter)

9. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

So cool to hear about the boys! I have only been on the boards intermittently since Uncle died last year. .
    I'm always happy to catch up on my old friends here. I just checked out their spreadsheets
    Wow, so c:D:Dl!
    I'll be rooting for Mandarin's reduction to take :bighug:

10. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Barbara, it's great to hear from you!!

11. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Boys look great!
    Congrats on the reducie and on the end to the semester!
    Enjoy your break with your furbabies :)

12. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Now you can catch up on Deutschland 86!! If you get Sundance channel, it is streaming now. (I think you can stream it on the Sundance app too)