12/19 Texas Gizmo PMPS=133, +2=112, +3.5=102, +4.5=106

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

12/18

AMPS=282

I need some advise on his dose - should I increase? He did have a high green 5 cycles ago but nothing since. I am home/off work so I can monitor.

The boy did poo a LARGE amount overnight so am curious to see if that has any impact.

He was pretty lethargic last night but I imagine that is due to the higher numbers. Other than that he seems to be feeling pretty good.

Purred through his TFS this morning. Talking to me the whole time.:cat:

No water works this morning! :)

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If it were my kitty, I would increase.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

That 50 was right on the borderline of earning a reduction, and he is trending higher since the reducie. I'd say why not go back to .875u since you are home to monitor. Glad to hear no water coming from above!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase. I'm glad there was not water this morning.

5. LizzieInTexas

Thank you. I dealt with this early on - he would pull the low number, I would reduce and he wouldn't touch green again. I have found with him that I need to be a bit more aggressive until he gets down to good numbers - then he seems to ride the dose really well. I know some call it chasing the green but it seems that is exactly what I have to do with him.

Going to go to 1.0U and will probably do 3 under 50 for reduction since I am home. He really needs the push to get his PS #'s down. I reduced only because he was difficult (HC food multiple times) to get him to come up.

Watch him throw me a lime green today - lol. :p

6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for dry floors! Hope you get good results with the dosecrease.

7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

No better time to try it than when you are home to monitor. Good luck Gizmo! :cat:

8. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase!

Oh my, I missed the water drama yesterday....no fun at all!!!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

TiTi's in the same boat as Gizmo. Had TiTi reached Gizmo's cycle, I would increase as well, so I think you're smart to do so.

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I'd increase also especially since you can monitor. Tap the whole cycle down some.

11. LizzieInTexas

Aagghh - do you see the +9. I have not idea how low he went this morning. I had an eye appointment and had to leave shortly after +4.5. On a good note - my eye site is getting better - lol.

After the eye exam I went by and picked out tile, flooring and shower flooring for the master bath remodel. I am excited. I will see if I can find what I picked out on line and link to it.

12. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Oh, do show us the link for the new bathroom stuff - I love that kind of thing!

Lizzie, I see you give snacks at +7 and +9: is it just a treat, or is it actual food? I generally don't feed Girlie after +6 or 7 and I'm wondering if a little snack later in the cycle is generally a positive thing...?

13. LizzieInTexas

He gets a tiny bit (2 tablespoons) of LC @ +7.5 and 3-4 FD kibbles at +9.5. This is primarily to help with the PS stomach acid he has due to ckd/panc. It is hit/miss whether he eats it or not (more than not though).

I don't know if I should hold the 0.75 another cycle or increase given his drop in numbers today.

14. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=133

History:
    AMPS=282, +2=238, +4.5=140, +9=119, +11=137

Held dose @ 0.75U. I will increase if necessary but I didn't want to trigger a big bounce with an increase and lime green drop (if that would happen). One more cycle on this dose won't hurt and I will see what he does tonight and go from there.

I don't know if there was a fur shot somewhere in there (I really don't think so) but I have no idea what has been going on.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  15. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Nice blue there - 112 - at +2, so room to go down! Go green, Gizmo! But not lime green... :D

Osha likes this.
  16. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like greens are coming...

17. LizzieInTexas

If he gets there it will be barely. That's ok. I will let him settle into these numbers. I have another appt tomorrow AM and then nothing for the rest of the vaca except normal stuff that I can work around his cycles if necessary.

He seems to be in a little pain so going to give 1/2 Canna at his +4.5.

18. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

He does such big swings on such a small dose change , I think your doing a marvelous job!

19. LizzieInTexas

Aawww. Thank you :bighug: I strongly suspect the pancreatitis has much to do with his fluctuations.

He will get an increase to 1.0U tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.