? 12/2/2019 Blackie PMPS 176

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sherry and Blackie, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Sherry and Blackie

Sherry and Blackie Member

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Is he eating ok? I think that's a perfectly safe number to shoot, just make sure he's got food in his tummy and you can monitor for a while this evening.

I'm sorry for what happened the other night and I can understand your apprehension now. I still think that had a lot to do with you being out of town and other people doing the insulin...try not to focus on that and just focus on moving forward with confidence.

What will you do when you need to shoot under 100? It's going to happen sooner or later, so you've got to build your confidence in the meantime.

3. Sherry and Blackie

Hi Sue,
    He is eating good. I am like you said, a bit apprehensive, and I thought I read somewhere not to shoot under 200. I just gave him his shot and will keep an eye on him. Thanks for helping as always. I'll focus on moving forward.

4. Sue and Luci

I think that's for newly diagnosed kitties..

Also, when you're feeling doubtful, you might want to get out that SLGS guideline and read it through again - I used to do that when I'd get confused about what to do next - especially when it comes to increasing/decreasing. Took me forever to get my head around that....so many variables and conditions to consider...

The best thing is that you're there to monitor him and you're prepared! Just keep an eye on him and catch him early if he decides that he's ready to go chasing those sharkies again! You know what to do if he starts any of that funny business! :)

5. Sherry and Blackie

I think I'm going print that out on the SLGS. And yup I definitely know what to do when he starts chasing sharks. Lol Thanks again.

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Yep, I had to do the same...I was using highlighter on mine...underlining things...and still would get confused about the increase/decrease thing...there's a lot of info there...and a lot of 'fine-tuning' I guess for lack of a better way. All the evaluating of what happened during the cycles, etc. Just about need a degree in FD to make heads or tails of it...believe me, it was a long time and a lot of reading and re-reading! You'll get there :)

7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

We know you will keep Blackie safe. It's a great number to shoot, and like Sue said, you'll eventually be shooting even lower numbers.
    I still hurt for you over the low BG scare, and the timing of the whole thing. What a welcome back from time away, not!
    Have a nice evening Sherry:bighug:

8. Sherry and Blackie

Hi,
    Yeah I'm super excited to see him getting to better numbers and scared at the same time. But I'm moving on and focusing on getting him better and even possibly OTJ. Have a good evening too. I'm fixing to do some online shopping, see if there's any deals out there. Thanks!

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Did you shoot tonight? The SS doesn't show any dose. However, I do like those blues. :cool:

10. Sherry and Blackie

Hi. I did and he stayed blue .