? 12/2/2019 Triton AMPS 329/PMPS 281 (NEW NUMBERS)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by TritonMom, Dec 2, 2019.

1. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

Hi guys!

Triton and I have been rocking with Lantus since 11/23/2019. After 3 days on Lantus, I made a mistake by increasing his insulin dose by .50units. Although, it was bringing his sugar down during the day, it did cause big jumps towards the end of his cycles. Thanks to this amazing group, I decided to bring it down to 1.75u but even then I thought I didn't give the 1.5 dose enough time. I brought his dose by down to 1.5u on PM 11/26/2019.

After doing a lot of reading and getting wonderful advises from awesome people in the feline diabetes community, I realize it really takes a lot of patience.

Today Triton his AMPS number was 329 which is a new number for him to start at. I gave him the same dose because I felt it would be okay considering his data on 1.5units. His PMPS number today was even lower, 281. I still gave him the same dose....

I am reaching out to you guys for guidance. When I brought Triton's dose down to 1.5u, I intended to keep him there for atleast 16 cycles (8 days, 3 days of bouncing and 5 days).

Now, I want to plan out the action plan for the next couple of days. I am going on a business trip next week (December 9-13) and would like him to be on a dose where I wont feel too worried. I am thinking he should stay on 1.5 until I get back. He will be at a Cat boarding place while I am gone so he will be watched at least for 12 hours and they will be able to test him before every shot. I have also requested mid day testing.

Do you think he should stay with this dose for a little longer and see what happens? What I am thinking is maybe he has finally developed is depot? I don't know for sure but this is so exciting to see.

By the way, I ordered a ketones meter and will be delivered tomorrow (YAY!!). I will check his ketone levels as soon as I get it.

Also, Triton has gained some weight!! He seems heavier when I pick him up. He is getting about 325 calories per day and his ideal weight/calorie intake is 10 lbs/206 calories. His typical food schedule is as follows:

6am - 2.75oz of 4health grain free pate
    8am - 1.5 oz of Fancy Feast Pate
    11am - 1.5 oz of Fancy Feast Pate
    2pm - 1.5oz of Fancy Feast Pate
    6pm - 2.75oz of 4health grain free pate

Please provide your expertise!! I would not be able to do this with you guys and DCIN. I am soo grateful.

Thank you!!

Previous post:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ose-and-urine-collection.222106/#post-2482864

@MrWorfMen's Mom
    @Sienne and Gabby (GA)
    @Chris & China (GA)

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Giselle:

Your spreadsheet says you're following Tight Regulation. However, what you're describing above as a dosing strategy is neither TR or SLGS.

With TR, you evaluate the dose every 3 days/6 cycles vs with SLGS, you review the dose after 7 days when you do a curve. I'm not sure where the 8 days is coming from. If you are following TR, you would have increased Triton's dose on 11/29. I'd really encourage you to read through the TR Protocol and make sure you understand the instructions. If you're not clear, we're happy to help explain how it works.

As far as a dose for when you're traveling, I would always reduce Gabby's dose when I was gone. Even though Triton will be boarded, it sounds like the boarding facility is not 24/7. I would reduce his dose while you're gone.

3. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

Hi Sienne,

You are right, it does seem like I am not following any method. I am trying to give the dose enough time since I didn’t at the very beginning. I went back and gave it a couple more days.

4. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

@Sienne and Gabby (GA),

With the TR method, if I increase his insulin dose to 1.75 units tomorrow, it looks like I will have 2 dose evaluations until I take him to the boarding facility. How many units should I decrease his dose by?

I will resume to the TR method tomorrow by increasing his insulin by .25u.

Thanks!

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Ordinarily, I would say 1.25u but I'm betting they won't be able to draw that dose. It would be best to use a dose that's on a full or half dose line. So, you either have to go with 1.5 or 1.0u.