12/2 Walter AMPS 249 PMPS 140

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Zelda & Walter, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

yesterday http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/12-1-walter-amps-193-pmps-209.222344/Hi— Walter’s been in the green post PMPS— still a few hours to go before shot but am wondering if he stays low— and since I’ll be back to work this week— should I decrease dose? I’m worried that he could drop under 68 while I’m away. Going back to bed but will loop back in a few hrs. Wanted to have some time to get advice before I leave. Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Lovely cycle last night he's looking great.

If you are following SLGS, as it says on your signature, that 84 last night earns him a reduction to 1.5u.
    ETA so you would shoot 1.5u in the morning. A drop below 90 earns a reduction on SLGS

If you decided to change and follow TR then you should hold the dose, as he hasn't dropped below 50.

When do you go back to work? at when/ how often can you test when at work? Can you leave food out for Walter?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  3. Zelda & Walter

Hi— I leave for work in an hour and won’t be back home until around 6:30. He’s now at 249. I can leave food out. Still deciding about the dose.
    Thank you!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Walter surfs safely for you today. It's nerve wracking not being able to come home and test.

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Walter is making excellent progress! You're doing a great job! Is there anyone that could check on Walter today? Did you mention that you had a granddaughter who might be able to help sometimes?

6. Zelda & Walter

Unfortunately— no. I’m going to try to get home by 6—have set the food timer plus set out additional food.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Gill & George

If you are following SLGS, you need to reduce the dose to 1.50u. That is in the guidelines for SLGS. A drop below 90 earns a reduction on SLGS.

If however you are doing TR, then you would hold the dose for now. On TR he would have to drop below 50.

Which of the two methods are you following??? It says slgs on your signature......

8. Zelda & Walter

Hi— So I stuck with 1.75 this morning though I’m on SLGS. I don’t want to take the chance of him dropping to under 50– especially when I’m not home during the day. If I decrease to 1.5 and his numbers go up again— do I need to stay on it for seven days?

9. Gill & George

On SLGS you would stick with the reduction for a week, unless he drops below 90 again, in that case you might need to take another reduction.(we try to avoid back to back reductions/ just ask if you see him drop below 90 again what to do with the dose).

At the end of the week you would run a curve,(usually day 7) at the end of the week (testing every 2 hrs for 12 hours/ of every 3 hrs for 18hrs) before you decide what to do with the dose.

What time do you shoot in the mornings?
    Are you away from home for 12 hrs in that morning cycle?
    How many days a week are you in work?
    Just trying to help you figure out a plan for keeping him safe.

10. Zelda & Walter

11. Zelda & Walter

I shoot at 7am and work a full week.

Gill & George likes this.