12/20 Texas Gizmo PMPS=189, +2=124, +3.5=74, +4.5=81

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

12/19

AMPS=187

Didn't eat his +7.5 overnight but ate his +9.5 FD snacks.

Woke up to him sleeping on me and purring away. He got his 1/2 heart this morning so he is especially happy today :cat:

I have to go for Glaucoma tests this morning. I haven't had them in three years. I absolutely hate doing these tests and usually end up with a headache after. Yesterday my eye pressure was the lowest (good) it has been in years so hoping everything is negative but treatment is so simple (eye drops) that I want to catch it early if necessary. My brother has it so it does run in the family.

My eye site has improved so much that I have to get new lenses in my glasses. I never wear them but have them JIC and to give my eyes a rest from contacts if I ever need to. One eye went from 2.50 to 1.50. It has improved every year for three years now! Going for 20/20 in my old age :p

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

What a nice way to wake up. I hope Gizmo heads down for you today. Great news on your eyesight improving. I hope you don't get a headache from the glaucoma tests.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

I hate going to the eye doctor =( any of the drops make my eyes hurt for days, so I request the old school "puff" test and thr optimap for checking (instead of dilation). Hopefully your appt goes well!!

Good start Giz!

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good luck with the test today. Hope you get good news!

What does this mean?

5. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with your glaucoma test.

6. LizzieInTexas

In the past I have declined the "puff" test and gone for the touch test - the puff test always reads high on me and they have to do it multiple times because I flinch. Yesterday they used some hand-held gadget to test the pressure. No drops, no dilation and done in less than 10 seconds. She said that now they only dilate if they can't get good computer scans/pictures. I love technology :)

The one test I hate is the cover one eye, and look at the dot and press the button when you see the "jiggly" lines (testing peripheral vision).

I have been giving him freeze dry chicken hearts in the hopes it helps with his RBC count. They are really rich so I give 1/2 one at a time and then usually about every 3 days (he got 1/2 last night and I gave him the other 1/2 this morning). He goes MAD for them. I give them as his after shot "treat" but he can smell them waiting for him and he is more interested in getting to the treat than getting his shot. He still loves his FD duck liver but these hearts are def his new favorite. They are whole and I cut them in half and then quarter and chunk them up. He has thrown them up because he has eaten them too fast, so I just make smaller pieces that he has to chase around the bowl - lol.

Hearts have less phosphorus than liver (chicken).

These are what I am giving him
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036VE3V2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Glad he likes them! What is causing the RBC to be wonky? High or low?

8. LizzieInTexas

Low. Not sure what is causing it. Someone over on the ckd (Tanya's) site suspected maybe a GI bleed but I did the home occult blood test (poo) and it was negative. Other numbers are within range (Hematocrit) so maybe an infection (which the Urine Microalbumin Feline Reflex may indicate). Maybe kidney but the culture came back negative (to +72 hours out) but that can be the case per Marje and Wendy. I have to get him back in for another urinalysis in the next week or so and discuss with his vet.

9. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Almost green, Gizmo! :D

That's pretty awesome that your eyesight is improving? :eek: I've never heard of that, share your secrets! ;)

10. LizzieInTexas

I have no idea. I asked her yesterday and she said it can and does happen. When wearing my contacts I use readers but without my contacts my close vision is excellent. My eye site has fluctuated over the years but never strayed too far from what it originally was/is. It changed to needing correction for distance around age 18-19.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  11. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=189

History:
    AMPS=187, +2=105, +3.5=107, +4.5=123, +7.5=153, +11=183

Shot 1.oU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.