12/21 Boomer OTJ Trial Day 4 AMBG 97 PMBG 112

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday: Ultrasound results
    Good morning,
    Thank you so much for all the support, vines, wishes, comments, suggestions, and hugs. I so appreciate my FDMB family!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

OTJ Trial Day 4 AMBG 97 I was nervous to actually call this an OTJ trial but decided yesterday that, when Boomer meets his friends at the bridge, I want him to be able to brag that he went OTJ 4 times.

Boomer spent a comfortable night on the end of our bed on the duvet and on top of DH's hoodie. I got up at 2:00 am to offer him food, which he didn't take, and to give him some liver shake. I give him as much as he's willing to take and when he turns to walk away I stop. I left him some chicken pieces and some ham; it looks like he at least investigated the chicken as it seemed to be moved around some, unsure if he ate any. He woke me up this morning stepping on me; he wanted pats and head scratches which he got from both of us.

He did eat some ff this morning so I have not given mirtz. again but I know I can give it if I need to. I also gave him some liver shake. He's following his normal routine and is on his desk now. He's actually acting pretty normal except for his eating habits.

I'm having a hard time getting past something that Dr Larry said to me yesterday....that "Boomer doesn't present as a cat with cancer". I also can't figure out how he's gone OTJ at this time. I haven't lost sight of reality; the ultrasound dr is known to be very good at what she does, but I refuse to give up hope that maybe this one time she's wrong or, at the very least, it's not as aggressive a cancer as she indicated. Time will tell I guess and meanwhile we're giving Boomer all that he needs and wants like we always have.

2. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Judy, imaging tests can be wrong as can veterinarians, doctors, etc. Not trying to give you false hope or denial, but I am glad that you are questioning this a little. And even if 100% accurate, you are doing all the right things to help Boomer and to deal with this. Keeping you and DH and Boomer in my heart, thoughts, vines, etc.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice number this morning. I'm glad Boomer ate some for you. I've learned from my cats that have had cancer that they just keep being their loving selves. Just make the most of each day and try not to think about the future. There will be good days and bad days. I hope you have a lot more good days. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Judy --

In a fair percentage of cats we've seen here that have a cancer diagnosis, we see numbers drop. The cancer thrives on the sugar in their system and causes numbers to come down.

Mimis mom and Judy and Boomer like this.
  5. Judy and Boomer

That makes sense. Thanks Sienne.

6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Whoooo hoooo day 4
    Have a great day Judy
    Sending prayers and lots of healing vines to Boomer
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: To u Judy

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Judy and Boomer likes this.
  7. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

Boomer sounds like a sweetheart! Sending positive energy your way :bighug:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  8. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Happy day 4 Handsome sweet one!!! We're all cheering you on! Many gentle chin scritches to you!! :D:D:cat:
    Try to have a good day Judy:bighug:

9. Judy and Boomer

Offered Boomer some ff and he ate a wee bit. Put some liver shake in a bowl and warmed it...periodically I've offered it to him in a bowl and he has snubbed it but is ok with it being syringed into his mouth. Today he took it off a spoon then finished the bowl on his own. I hadn't warmed a lot of it up so I prepared a second small helping for him and he cleaned that up too!
    No mirtz has been given today.

10. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Happy Day 4 Boomer! Sending feel good and appy vines for Boomer!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: for you and DH.

11. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

12. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I had to go back and catch up. So so very shocked at the news. Not our Boomer.

Explains why the poor appy, abdomen is full so it only allows small meals.

I hope Dr Larry can find meds that will keep him comfortable.

Boomer doesn't know he is different today vs yesterday.

Prayers and hugs to all of you. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Judy, 4 yrs ago Ravan's brother was diagnosed with lung cancer They told me it had spread. He was having some problems breathing & I went to the emergency clinic at night. 2 days later I had my vet come to the house & euthanize him.
    The next afternoon the Emergency clinic called me & said they had an "Expert" look at his Xrays & he Did not have cancer at all just an infection that could be treated!
    Mistakes are made all the time. Don't give up.

20 yrs ago my cat Ivan (he was 17 yrs old) had an ultra sound that showed a tumor in his intestines. He had surgery to remove it & was doing Great. A week later,the vet felt he would benefit from a blood transfusion. Ivan had a reaction from the blood & went into shock & died. (more mistakes)

Did you get a chance to look at the info I sent yesterday? There's a blog that talks about what others have tried.

You & Boomer are in my thoughts since yesterday. I wish the BEST for him. Hang in there.

14. Judy and Boomer

Thanks JoyBee. No I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but I will perhaps this afternoon. And I haven't given up! Today Boomer is acting like...well like Boomer. And he's eating....not a great deal at any given time but he is liking the liver shake and now drinks it from a bowl (or sometimes from a spoon).

15. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Boomer is OTJ - at least no more pokies! I hope he continues to eat well and you and him get to spend a lot of time together snuggling in your favorite spots - or maybe I should say Boomer's favorite spots.

Sending you hugs today! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Yay for Day 4 for our sweet Boomer!

I had one thought about the fluids observations from the US: I wonder if that was really from the IV fluids he had the other day, rather than ascites. Many, many years ago, our first kitty had IV fluids for severe p-titis, and the fluids did accumulate in his abdomen, which made his belly look distended. Perhaps Boomer has absorbed those fluids now, which has made more room food and that's helping him eat better today? Just a thought.

Given that Dr Larry feels he doesn't present like a cat with cancer, and Boomer is being Boomer aside from the appy issue, maybe a second opinion isn't a bad idea. It still may be cancer, but maybe it is a treatable form, like lymphoma.

Perpetual vines, hugs, and prayers from us :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:.....

17. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Bless your sweet boy, I'm wishing Boomer all the best

18. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Judy, joining my hope with yours ❤️ Never underestimate the power of Boomer’s love for you and your/DH’s love for him . Sending huge healing and peace filled prayers to you all :bighug:

19. Judy and Boomer

DH actually mentioned the IV fluids to the ultrasound tech but she said it wouldn't be those fluids.

Amy&TrixieCat likes this.
  20. Judy and Boomer

My DH pretty much shoved me out the door with my camera this afternoon. I haven't been out for days and it's a beautiful sunny mild day and he told me I needed phototherapy.
    While I was out, he sent me a txt "Boomer just got down and went to his dish and started eating". YAY! And it was one of his ff dishes that he was eating. There wasn't a great quantity gone; there never is these days. But at least he was hungry and he ate.

21. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

My sweet Minette was diagnosed with breast cancer at 17. We decided to let her live her kitty life, she wasn't a candidate for anesthesia and it was too late anyway. She lived 2 more years, and her pace, and passed in her sleep, in her bed. As sad as I am, I am glad it happened that way. Also, she visited me in spirit in Portland the day after she passed (she was in France with my mom). Call me crazy, but Chou-Fleur, my husband's cat, acted weirdly all day, and was hissing and attacking the air around my legs, as if another cat was there! This, for 2 days.

Hang in there. You're doing your best to keep him comfortable. Who knows what he really has. As long as his routine doesn't change, he's "fine". :bighug:

22. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending big hugs for you and DH. Sending warm scritches and pets for Boomer.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

23. Judy and Boomer

PMBG 112 He did eat a bit of dinner but since his appy obviously decreased during the later part of the day, cerenia & mirtz given along with the bupre (that he gets every 12 hours)

24. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

You Judy... and Boomer are in my thoughts and will be, my prayers :bighug:❣️:bighug: