? 12/21 Myagi amps 346, +4.5 268, pmps 197

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Myagi (GA) and Heidi, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Since you're following SLGS you'd hold the dose for 7 days before increasing. I believe he's bouncing from the greens and it could take 6 cycles for it to clear and see what the new dose can do. Today is only the 4th cycle. My guess is you may need to go back up to the .1 dose but you'll need patience in the meantime. There are no guidelines for failed reductions on SLGS but even on TR we wait to call it a failed reduction until after the bounce clears. You may want to consider switching to TR in effort to get him OTJ which would lower the reduction point allowing you to hold the dose and keep him green longer.

Glad you started Zobaline for the neuropathy. My Doodles had neuropathy and it took 6 months for him to recover fully. Getting him regulated, giving a zobaline like supplement twice a day and acupuncture did the trick. Glad to hear Myagi did a bit of jumping on his own. Doodles would pretty much stay in the same spot. I started moving him around the house so he'd have to walk a bit as hard as it was to watch. Eventually I started putting him on low furniture and assisting him to jump down in effort to rebuild some of the muscle etc.

3. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

@Doodles & Karen
    I'm So Sorry your Doodles is gone away - what a breathtaking beauty! Thank you for staying in the forum tho help newbies and others. I'm sure Doodles is proud of you. Chris also suggested i might want to switch to tr. I haven't finished reviewing all the stickies yet. So if I switch and he doesn't have a bunch of scary hypo episodes, then the longer days or hours in green will help his pancreas heal and did the work of the insulin? Yes? Is this not possible on slgs? Just asking for clarification. I will be patient ;) it's hard to follow sometimes as I thought the bounce cleared yesterday when he came back yellow. He's leading... He's leading... He's leading (my new mantra). Lol
    Thank you again for checking in on us and your guidance. Myagi and I are so glad to be here. :bighug:

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

It might not be impossible with SLGS but TR is a proven published method and has the best chance for remission. There is a difference between "hypo episodes" and low numbers. Low numbers is how they earn reductions and get off the juice. As long as you monitor and have HC food in the house you can keep him safe. Myagi is responding very good and early to treatment. Before a kitty is ready to go OTJ they are mostly green. With SLGS it's hard to accomplish this because the reduction number is 90 instead of 50 like on TR. Read the stickies, keep asking questions and do what you're comfortable with.

Yes, the cat is in charge and our patience pants get tight around here.

5. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

6. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Pmps 197, 1 drop, ate well.
    This afternoon I had to give mc (3 & 11 mixed) in order to get him to eat. Did so for dinner too, but after he cleaned his plate, gave 1 carb and he ate that too! Yay.

20171221_174538.jpg

Wendy&Neko and Stacy & Asia like this.
  7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I agree with Karen, very worth considering a switch to TR, there's a bit of a magic window for remission, which is not to say it isn't possible beyond that, but if you get things sorted in the first two months, chances are much greater. You test enough for TR, as long as you don't feed dry food, it's just going to make you a little more nervous, but you have lots of support. :bighug:

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  8. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

He does get young adult zero for treats and with his wet if he's needs eating encouragement. But otherwise never as a meal.

9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you ever tried crushing it into a powder and just sprinkling it on top to see if that's enough "encouragement"?

Great way to do it is with a spice grinder or coffee grinder (as long as you remember to wash them thoroughly....LOL)

Or just put it in a baggie and use a hammer! (or meat tenderizer or rolling pin....whatever works)

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.