12-22 Gizmo PMPS=274; +3=298; +4=239

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chubba (GA), Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

AMPS = 375
    +1 = 330
    +9.75 = 327

PMPS = 274; retested at 322
    +3 = 298

Still high today. Increased to 6.5 units tonight. Spoke with the compounding pharmacy today. They checked and said his meds have all been compounded the same way. The pharmacist said the reason the color is lighter is because of the amount of flavoring added. He said someone did "light flavoring" as 2/3 of a dropper and someone else probably used the whole dropper. I asked if that would change the thickness of the meds and he said yes. So according to them, everything is fine with the cabergoline (flavoring wouldn't affect the meds). So something else is going on with Gizmo.

. I am not using a local pharmacy. I am using a pharmacy from New York. Beenie recommended it and they were the cheapest and very helpful so we went with them. I will keep you in mind if we go in search of another pharmacy, but right now I'm just not sure if it is the meds or not. There are so many others factors that could be in play. :confused:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the dosecrease helps bring Gizmo's numbers back down. It's frustrating when you're not sure what's going on. :bighug::bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  3. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease. Let's work that juice, Gizmo!

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  4. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I understand completely.

Did you contact the pharmacy re: compounding changes?

Hope he comes back down for you today.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.