? 12/23/17 Buddy @ PMPS 159

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teresa & Buddy, Dec 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

Buddy started 11u yesterday and he has been lower today than usual, I took a BG reading @PMPS time it was 159, I waited a 1/2 hr and it was still 159. I have never shot this low before and 11u seems to bring his numbers down fast. Should I go ahead and shot at this number or reduce his dose, he got below 70 today, so I think he does have a reduction. I do not want to be up all night if I can help it, but I do not want something to happen to him.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Give me a sec to look at his SS. BRB.

3. Wendy&Neko

Since you are following SLGS, that's a yes on the dose reduction. So you have a couple options, and keeping in mind the larger depot. First is to keep waiting without feeding until he comes up to a number you feel comfortable shooting. You have shot full dose in the 170's. Since he's flat, he's not far off that. With this option you have to be able to take the delay in your schedule tomorrow. Option two is a reduced dose like you did Dec 3rd on this same number. Option 3 is the new reduced dose, and perhaps he'll bounce. What do you feel would work best for you?

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  4. Teresa & Buddy

5. Wendy&Neko

You are doing a great job testing, I think out could take him back up sooner if the lower dose doesn't work. But I would wait at least six cycles on the lower dose, to make sure his bounce is over, before increasing. Note to any lurkers following SLGS, this is only for Tersa and Buddy, cause he has IAA, which warrants being a bit more aggressive, and because she does a lot of testing.

6. Teresa & Buddy

Since I did a post on being unsure about posting on a lower dose, when I went back and this time his BG was 213, so he will get the lower dose of 10.5u. Thanks for being available to answer on a holiday week end.

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I was just checking in as well but glad to see Wendy responded to you. Very lovely cycle today. Good luck on the reduction!

8. Teresa & Buddy

I am sorry I did not see your post until Sunday a.m. I am trying to get up enough nerve to shoot on lower numbers, but I have not got there yet.

9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

No worries at all!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.