12/26 Texas Gizmo PMPS=158, +1.5=217, +3.5=177, +4.5=165

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

12/25 (PM cycle high)

AMPS=214

Not sure what is going on - especially with last nights cycle. Bounce? If it was I don't see much that could have caused the numbers to be that high through mid-cycle.

The thing that scares me is I started a new pen on 12/24 PM cycle. I hope it isn't compromised.

I think he needs more insulin. Opinions? If agreed - increase to 1.25U? I am home to monitor through 01/01.

Hope everyone has a restful day. We have our family get together today. We are meeting here at the house and then going to a late lunch.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the new pen isn't bad. I'd try the increase to 1.25 and see if it helps. Hopefully it will get him back to green. Have fun with your family today.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hmm, It does look like he's wobbling around like a bounce. I think if he hits some lower blues today, I might hold the dose another cycle to see if he can make it back into greens. If he does get back to greens and they are still higher 80 greens, then I think I'd fatten up the dose a bit to see if you can get the whole cycle to come down some more only if you'll be around to monitor.

4. LizzieInTexas

The only thing different for last night is I gave him so Christmas catnip. Lol.

I won't have an opportunity to monitor after this week (entire cycles) until I don't know when. Next year is going to be a heck of a year at work. Some major, major changes; one is that we are moving the complete building to our new location. If I don't do it now then he will be stuck at these higher PS numbers.

He has me completely confused right now. He has been sitting by his food bowl since about 30 min after his TFS like he is starving and/or his numbers are dropping. These crazy cats :facepalm::cat:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you can get him into a useful dose during the next week. Enjoy your family day.

6. LizzieInTexas

Well, I figured that one out. Apparently when I went upstairs to take my shower he threw up his bfast. He got his 1/2 heart treat after his shot and I imagine he woofed it down and it caused him the throw up. I will have to be more careful and give him a bit at a time.

+2=147

7. LizzieInTexas

I will try. I just want it to be over with. MIL has been here since Friday evening and I am exhausted. I just want my house (and time) back. I need lots of naps in the upcoming week.

8. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

I completely understand!

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Would you be willing to try an experiment? You're giving Lizzie a snack at around +7 and +9 or a bit later. Sometimes, giving a snack after nadir can cause numbers to rise since your close to the end of the cycle and there's less insulin available to offset the influence of the food. If you need to keep Lizzies tummy settled, can you withhold food after +8? I'd give this a few days to see how she responds.

10. LizzieInTexas

I make a small (2 tablespoons) of LC available at +7.5 to +9.5 to help with his stomach acid (Panc/CKD). He has freeze dry treats (3-4 kibbles) available at +9.5. It is hit/miss if he eats the +7.5 snack (AM or PM).

So what are you saying - nothing after the +4.5 snack? I think he would suffer. Don't get me wrong, I am completely open to experimenting! He did NOT eat his +7.5 snack overnight last night so no food after +4.5 12/25 PM cycle until the 3 freeze dry kibbles @ +9.5.

Looks like the no food (threw up PS food) is a way to get him to better numbers :banghead:

+4=44

Moved his +4.5 snack up to now and will retest in 30 min.

11. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

Seems that Gismo has hit the ground without being ready to land. If I was to see yellow any time soon
    I would reduce cause it's a clear sign that he's not yest comfortable with numbers that are that low.
    With a line-up of blue (witch I hope will be the case), I would stick on this dose.

Wish you some good time with your family.

12. LizzieInTexas

See I was thinking that the insulin was losing duration (i.e., not enough to keep him at least in blues for the cycle), which may be as @Sienne and Gabby (GA) was getting at with the late cycle food, but I hate to see him throw up stomach acid while preparing his PS food.

13. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Asia vomits if she goes too long in between eating too. It doesn’t have to be a lot of food, maybe try cutting the snack in half, or just a teaspoon or two and see if that helps/works better than no food.:bighug:

14. LizzieInTexas

It really isn't a lot of food (it is about two spoons (regular table/eating spoons) - and, again, he may or may not eat it. I have also tried -0- carb food at the +7.5 and it makes no difference to his next PS numbers.

15. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Gizmo certainly let you know what he thought about the dosecreas :woot:

16. LizzieInTexas

Well i think that is just because he threw up his PS food.

I guess I just have to accept that he won't have better numbers.

17. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Woah Gizmo...please eat your fuds and keep them down so you will stay away from the sharks!

18. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Lizzie is the Bean; Gizmo is the cat. ;) But, a good idea with changing the feeding schedule a bit.

ETA: if it can be done without him throwing up from stomach acid.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    Reason for edit: ETA
  19. LizzieInTexas

Here is what I am thinking.

PS - zero carb
    +2.5 = LC
    +4.5 = LC
    +6.5 = LC
    +8.5 = FD

20. Bobbie And Bubba