12/27 OT Sootie’s Tribe: Holiday and New Year’s Greetings

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by HWright, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-23-ot-sooties-tribe-happy-thanksgiving.187063/

Dear LLL Friends,
    Wishing one and all greetings for holidays and blessings for New Year though I’m late in posting for some of these holidays. Wishing all kitties and beans good health and joyful memories.

Tonight is one year ago to the night that Sootie died so suddenly and unexpectedly and so soon after her official OTJ. She is always with us and even more so today and tonight: when I trekked the stairs to bring Azalea her meals, there was Sootie in all her presence, more vibrant than ever, at the stair landing to greet and encourage me on just as she had done in her corporeal life.

Was because of Sootie that we found LL and all the wonderful friends here. We are ever grateful and appreciate your kindness, support and friendship for Sootie and her tribe.

With thanks and our love we wish you all a happy and healthy new year,
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Sina

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Wishing you, Steve and the Tribe a happy and healthy New Year. :bighug::bighug::bighug: as you remember your sweet Sootie.

3. HWright

Thank you,Carla and healthy and happy new year to you, too. I sure hope Furball will find the magic vectors to be in greens and blues. Maybe 2018 will be the year for Furball to find OTJ again. Wouldn’t that be super?
    ❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  4. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sina, wishing you and your family health and love in the upcoming year.

Sootie, thank you for checking in on your momma bean. :rb_icon:

Noah & me (GA) and HWright like this.
  5. HWright

Amanda, :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: and hoping 2018 will be a good year for you, your family and kitties including Sebastien and his kitties.
    Hope you all are nice and warm (it’s been brrrr here) and steer clear of whatever the big that’s going around and I’ve come down with. What a way to bring in the new year ;):banghead::woot:

❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:..so wonderful that Sootie is still with you and helping you out. They are such special souls, our kitties. Happy and healthy new year to you!

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear (((Sina, Steve, and the Tribe))),
    Sootie is such a sweetie to pay you such a vivid visit. How wonderful! She is certainly at home and will always be.
    We are thinking of you on this day of special remembrance and sending warm wishes for the holidays and for the New Year. I hope Azalea and the rest of the Tribe are doing well.
    Hugs and scritches,
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. HWright

Yes, Amy, for all kitty souls. Vines for 2018 to be a gentle year for all.❤️

9. HWright

Thank you Ella. Thank you for remembering Sootie and for continuing her participation as surprise dessert chef. Means a lot, happy tears and poignant memories. And wishing you, Edward and Rusty happy 2018.

We are amidst a bit of snow today, actually an improvement in temperature compared to the past few days with wind chill in the 0’s and below. Even though the furnace and space heaters are keeping us warm, I’m glad that Azalea is liking the extra bit of warmth from her electric pet warming pad (with buffers of washable bed pad and soft bedding atop it).

Thank you for asking about all and in particular, Azalea. The past few months have been touch and go, but she’s hanging in and improving, bit by bit, since a change in her homeopathic remedies, TCM, applied my instincts in some diet changes and started her on poo pills (she likes ‘em mixed with a little slurry!). Oh yes, and getting a cuff for the subq bag has helped a lot in giving her fluids and b12 injections at home.

Here’s a recent photo of her and Steve, a selfie together. If I could have photoshopped elf hats on them, I would have!
    Stay well and warm. Heaps of love and scritches from us all here in Sootie land. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Attached Files:

10. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:bighug:
    Hope you are having good holidays. Good to hear Azalea and the rest of the crew is doing well. Stay warm :bighug:

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Love the photo! Happy New Year!!

HWright likes this.
  12. HWright

And
    Lizzie, hope you’re enjoying a peaceful new year’s. How’s Gizmo? I hope feelong much better.

Sure has been major brrrr weather here! New year arrived with 1 degree and -13 windchill! The nearby Polar Bear run and swim still on even tho the day is forecast to be a whopping 5 degrees -10 windchill by the time they reach the water.

Ella, is it as cold (or more so) up your way as it is here?
    Glad you like Steve’s selfie of him and Azalea. Here’s one from last night. I’m glad she’s feeling well enough to keep on cuddling with her bff on new year’s eve❤️

Stay warm and happy New Years ❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:):cat:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    LizzieInTexas and carfurby (GA) like this.
  13. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Sina! Good to hear from you and your tribe and the photo of Steve and Azalea is so sweet.

The anniversary of sweet Sootie's passing seems to be here too soon but I am sure for you and your tribe it's an eternity.

Wishing you and yours a peaceful and calm 2018. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  14. HWright

Hey, Bobbie! Thank you for popping in! How are you all? Will Bubba will be content to stay indoors during this storm Grayson? Hope you all and all in Grayson's path will be safe, warm and no power outages, please!

My apologies for not checking in sooner, but we’ve been readying for the storm since the forecast firmed up that we were in for a whopper.

thanks for remembering Sootie. dec 27 this year was a tough one, but we tried to focus on the lifetime of wonderful memories and her being, not the painful night the year before when she left us so suddenly. I miss her every day and always will. Two months earlier a year ago was when our stately 24 yo civie Bo left us, but it was different, peaceful and in his way at home as the sunrise began.

I’m glad you liked the recent pics of Azalea and Steve. They are quite the life time honey bun pals with each other. She is much more calm, too, when he’s part of the mix while doing fluids.

Sending vines for warm and cozy and no winter storm vicissitudes.
    ❤️ from us all here in Sootie Land,
    Sina

15. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Please be safe. They were saying this morning on the news that there could be power loss and people should have alternative heat sources. I will say a prayer for you all :bighug:. Plenty of blankets and cats to snuggle with to stay warm :cat:

HWright likes this.
  16. HWright

Thank you, Lizzie, and thanks for your safe weather prayers ❤️. Steve did the grocery shopping today, I did the hunt for and gather indoor propane heaters just in case we lose power and SS can’t get here to do his thing for the generator hook-up to the furnace. I’ve never used these kinds of space heaters before (and I feel quite nervous about them) but whatever the temp outside, you can be sure I’ll be opening a window or two a bit in this drafty old house to be on the safe side.

The weather channel’s reportage gets more dire by the minute. The cats are all snoozing as if Ho hum another winter night. Maybe they know something thatvthe weather channel doesn’t know. ;) I think I’ll escape for awhile and see what’s on TCM!
    :bighug:❤️:bighug:

17. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers you stay safe. Smart idea to crack the windows when using the propane heaters.

HWright likes this.
  18. HWright

Thank you, Carla and hope you all will be safe and warm.❤️❤️❤️

carfurby (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.