12/28 - Small Kitty amps 229 pmps 349 – Slowly going down

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Photorecon, Dec 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

Good morning everybody,

Advices given by members yesterday did not fall in empty ear. I performed a test before bed last night and hit the jackpot early this morning. The Brothers woke me up during the night at exactly the right time. Straight at +9, when Levemir starts to gear on, I performed a test to capture what’s happening. There is no way Small Kitty could have dive between +4 and +9 so he slowly moved up until the insulin brought him back down. Would have been nice if he went lower but it’s not bad for a cat deep into the red zone. Sad I’m not home today to see at what time he’s going down and back up. With luck he might have keep on going down to reach green tonight. It’s not impossible but doubtful. What’s more probable is a +8-10 going too low for his comfort and kicking him back up.

He’s then going to go back up in the evening. The question is how high he’s going to go, I’m expecting the worst.

Another question was also answered last night, there is no ketone or blood cell in his urine, he’s clean for this. Glucose is deadly thought, up to the roof L. He was nice to let me gather the precious juice and test. He received some treat for that cooperation. I didn’t lost any time and tested right away.

So we now know that the dive is in most probably in the second haft of the cycle and will take 2-3 days to recover L. That’s a pretty high cost for all that work…

Any point of view in regards of this new discovery and how to prevent the next flight in the stratosphere ?

Wish you all have a good day.

Sébastien

Last post

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  2. Photorecon

Oups, I forgot to put the pmps +4 result last night, think it was yellowish..

3. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Be good today, SK. How about your give daddy bean a nice present and try to be blue tonight. Stay away from the pink and red please!

:bighug::bighug:

Photorecon likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad there were no ketones. I hope SK doesn't bounce back really high tonight. Are you able to leave food out for him during the day? Today would have been a day to do that if you are able to try and keep him from going too low and bouncing back up.

5. Photorecon

Thanks for your reply Carla,

Yes I did, when I see there is a chance for a dive I leave food in the feeders. Hope Small Kitty
    will think to go there, a quarter can in each is waiting for them.

:cat:

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  6. Photorecon

Just tested Small Kitty and what I feared happened, he's going up after a downfall
    I couldn't catch.

Not sure what's next if no green enters the picture in 3-4 days, might have to reduce
    even if it sounds counter logic.

At least he seems happy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.