12/29 Rosie AMPS 171 +6 116

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carol in Chicago, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Still very cold. Rosie is relaxing near the furnace vents.

I noticed some swelling on one side of her face under her jaw. After a quick google search, this appears to be a swollen lymph node. We are off to see the vetty bean next week to have that checked out. Dr. Google always gets me thinking of the worst possible things so now I'm really worried.

Yesterday.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  2. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

Hi Carol,

I hope so very much that it's nothing with Rose!
    Here is what helps me to calm down in a similar situations:

from the Three Men in a Boat, by Jerome K. Jerome:

..."It is a most extraordinary thing, but I never read a patent medicine advertisement without being impelled to the conclusion that I am suffering from the particular disease therein dealt with in its most virulent form. The diagnosis seems in every case to correspond exactly with all the sensations that I have ever felt.

I remember going to the British Museum one day to read up the treatment for some slight ailment of which I had a touch — hay fever, I fancy it was. I got down the book, and read all I came to read; and then, in an unthinking moment, I idly turned the leaves, and began to indolently study diseases, generally. I forget which was the first distemper I plunged into — some fearful, devastating scourge, I know — and, before I had glanced half down the list of “premonitory symptoms,” it was borne in upon me that I had fairly got it.
    "...

:bighug:
    :)

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Dr. Google is both a blessing and a curse. Sending positive energy to you and Rosie. :bighug:

4. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Thank you @Tanya and Ducia and @Kris & Teasel. I'm in panic mode and made an appointment to see my most trusted vet tomorrow. Thank you for positive thoughts. I hope it is minor, but need him to tell me.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm glad you could get a Saturday appointment. I'd be in the same "mode" in your position. Keep us posted. :bighug:

Carol in Chicago likes this.
  6. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

surely enough humans are differ from cats, but..
    when I was a child and my newly developed "wisdom" teeth got inflamed (rare condition) my lymph nodule would get enlarged..
    if Rose went thru dental - ask your vet about a possibility of such in cats...If she has gone thru extraction then a piece of root night have got left in and cause the smelliness now. (just a guess).

also, the thing to consider - it is unusually cold now, even for Chicago, isn't it?
    She might be reacting to it too..

Anyway - I hope it is minor, Rose is a tough nut, isn't she? ;):):bighug:

Carol in Chicago likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.