12/29 Texas Gizmo AMPS=201, +2=209, +4=116, +5.5=124

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

12/28

AMPS=211

Seems to be ok, lazy/lethargic but it is cold and I am doing the same thing - lol. Eating good. Didn't eat his +6.5 overnight. He ran down the stairs this morning. I think that the cosequin is working - even hubby said something about his jumping/moving a couple of days ago. Still haven't tried the Omega-3 again yet.

6 cycle on new feeding schedule - no change in numbers. No greens. Advise? @Sienne and Gabby (GA) and anyone else that has an opinion - please!

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-1-5-217-3-5-177-4-5-165.188574/#post-2095806

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Gizmo is moving better. I'm not sure about his dose. He is tricky to figure out. :bighug:

3. LizzieInTexas

He has become less predictable recently. And then he will throw in the lime green :banghead:. But he is spend little to no time in healing numbers. If I don't increase tonight I won't be able to for about 3 weeks.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

As much as you monitor, I think you are okay to increase. Those lime greens do confuse things though.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  5. LizzieInTexas

I know. Really confusing to me especially when he doesn't come back down to any sort if good numbers. This is something new and scares me to death going back to work.

6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to hear the cosequin is working. I also think you should increase now, especially if waiting will make it harder on him and you.

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

One consideration is that AMPS numbers are often the last to drop. It looks like Gizmo may be experiencing "dawn phenomenon." I know when I changed feeding times with Gabby, it took a surprisingly long time before I saw results. There's no guarantee you'll see an immediate response. Like everything else, it's an ECID thing.

I'm curious why you didn't reduce the dose with that 37 on 12/26.

8. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

How much cosequin are you giving Gizmo?

9. LizzieInTexas

Long term diabetic (over a year) - Since I am home (vacation time) and could monitor I was doing the 3 under 50. I have to be more conservative when I am working and cannot monitor as much.

1 capsule 2x/day.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F4W02M/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Just be cautions! I assumed you were doing the "3 drops" method. I know you know that those accumulating drops into the 30s can easily get away from you.

11. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Yep, same one I am using. I am giving 2 capsules 1x/day along with a Zobaline equivalent. Bottle does say decrease Cosequin from 2 capsules to 1 over time if cat shows improvement, but I have kept it at 2.

12. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I'm glad the cosequin is working! I hope your food experiment works out. :bighug:

13. LizzieInTexas

Yeah, would not have even considered holding the dose if I was working. He had also thrown up his AMPS food that day and I didn't discover it until +2 (well, the 1/2 chicken heart that he got after his shot/treat, that included his breakfast).

He would pull this stuff early on in the diagnosis- low #'s and then no green again. I found that if I was more aggessive with 6-8 cycles and increase, I was able to get him semi-regulated but then he had pancreatitis flares and I would lose it and back/forth. That is where we are at now.

ETA-I will leave the feeding schedule as-is unless he has issues with AM stomach acid.

14. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=201
    Shot 1.25U (increase)

History:
    AMPS=211, +2=199, +4=138, +6=134, =11=178

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.