12/30 Alley AMPS 206; +4 144; PMPS 392; +2 445; +5 365

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dan & Alley, Dec 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan & Alley

Dan & Alley Member

Previously

Alley is showing a strong 2 cycle delayed response to dose. After a bit of flailing around with the amount (3.0U and 2.5U were too high, 1.0U and 1.75U were too low), I think we're at the right dose (2.oU) to continue for 6 - 10 cycles.

One thing Alley isn't doing so far is bouncing... but if she realizes it will piss me off, then by all means she will bounce. Know thy cat, and I know this @%#&'ing cat too well.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

You have much experience, sorry to hear you are back. But it is always nice to have experienced eyes on here early in the morn for those in need when most folks are asleep.

Dan & Alley likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's a nice start for Alley. I hope she gives you some good numbers on this dose.

Dan & Alley likes this.
  4. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Be good Alley and work the juice!

Dan & Alley likes this.
  5. Dan & Alley

Dan & Alley Member

+4 and 144. Consider the juice worked!

Appetite still is weak, but that's better than nonexistent. The extra fatty food I made is working it's magic... it's much easier to get 160 grams down Alley's food-hole than 240 grams.

6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Your previously link takes me to your SS, not to your last condo. Could you fix? I thought you mentioned something about adding fat to your raw in that condo. :)

Dan & Alley likes this.
  7. Dan & Alley

Dan & Alley Member

Thanks. Fixed it.

Yea, I didn't remove any skin or trim any fat from the chicken. If I heat this stuff up a bit, all that fatty fat starts running out and Alley gets very interested very quickly...

8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for fixing!

How do you know the calories in the food?

9. Dan & Alley

Dan & Alley Member

I have to use calorie labeling, which isn't always as accurate as it should be. I'll compare the calorie label on the packaging to information from several online sources (such as nutritiondata.self.com) to arrive at a consensus. Ultimately, I'm chasing a target weight for Alley, so overall it matters more what Alley ends up weighing than how many calories I think she's getting. The vet (back in 2016) said 13 pounds would be ideal but for Alley even a single ounce under 17 pounds was war. So far, the calories I think she's getting and Alley's resulting weight seem to be matching very well over time. Precise and accurate weighing of both ingredients and cat is also a must.

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  10. Dan & Alley

Dan & Alley Member

Good old Alley, PMPS 392, there's the bounce I was waiting for! #%@& cat!

2.0U seems right based on what little data I have... besides, chasing a bounce with more units never works out well. Keep the 2.0U and let the bounce work itself out.

11. Dan & Alley

Dan & Alley Member

AMPS 206; +4 144; PMPS 392; +2 445.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.