12/30 Jenks AMPS 83 +4 43 +5 36 +7 71 +10 74 PMPS 84 +7 68 +10 68

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AZJenks, Dec 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

12/29

Ok, let's try this again. Last night spooked me a bit, but this morning's opener is plenty nice.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Jenks. Did you decide to change anything yet?

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Did you go for the new vial? I'm just choosing to ignore those yellows for now :facepalm: since he's getting back to business.

Come on Jenks, you have some amazing numbers and momentum, you can do this!

4. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Great start! Looking good!! :cool:

5. AZJenks

@carfurby @Stacy & Asia - Yes. I opted for the new vial. Really hoping that it was just a waning potency issue and that this new jar of juice get us back on track.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  6. AZJenks

Wow, that was quite a cycle! Poor OH and the day shift hehe

Our first line of intervention for 40s lately has been to just give him his normal food. Until today, that was always successful at bringing his numbers back up. Today, however, he had something different in mind and headed even further out, forcing us to give him some gravy (but no karo). The gravy successfully reeled him back in and he happily paddled around the 70s for the remainder of the cycle. Only just now did he bump up a bit into PMPS.

I am not fond of changing more than one variable at a time, but today I don't have much choice. We already are trying a new vial of insulin to see if potency was an issue in the erratic cycles of the last couple of days, but today's dip into the 30s combined with repeat trips into the 40s over the course of the last few days leaves me no option but to drop the dose another quarter unit to 6.25U. Now it may be difficult to tell if it was the insulin or simply too much of it. Oh well.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  7. AZJenks

Mr. Jenks is turning in an excellent cycle so far overnight.

8. AZJenks

Still looking good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.