12/30 Rosie AMPS 133 +3 83

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carol in Chicago, Dec 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

I love my vet. I thanked him for working this weekend. He owns the practice, so he didn't need to be there, but I am so glad he was today. He was able to quickly assess the swelling on Rose's jaw and determine it was an infection. While we don't know what caused it, I am so relieved it wasn't some type of nasty tumor. I thought it was an enlarged lymph node, so I was thinking up all kinds of poor outcomes.

The current diagnosis is a skin abscess. She started ABs today and will be seen again next week. I get to add warm compress and "drain" duty to her daily routine at least for the next week.

Many thanks to @Tanya and Ducia and @Kris & Teasel for sending positive thoughts yesterday when I was in panic mode. :bighug:

Yesterday

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank goodness it is something easy to take care of!

Nice BG days as well!

Carol in Chicago likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm very pleased to read this, Carol! Little Miss Splotchy Face will be OK! :):bighug: Could she have done this to herself by scratching too vigorously?

4. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Thank you Tracey. I need something easy!

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  5. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Thanks Kris! We don't know how this happened. There were no exterior signs. The infection will take a couple of weeks to clear up and confirm that it was just "skin deep". Vet was suspicious of her teeth. They were very bad and most removed years ago, but there was nothing on old xrays. If it doesn't clear up, or comes back we might re-xray, but for now I'm just so glad it isn't more serious. :bighug:

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  6. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Hopefully the AB will clear up the infection in no time!
    Just make sure to watch those already good numbers (given the infection is present) and adjust the dose as needed.
    Infections/ inflammations are known to raise the BG levels up. Once its gone the numbers may go down on itself.
    Happy New Carol and Rose! Very best wishes for health and happiness in the year to come from us!

7. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug: Carol, sorry I missed your condo yesterday. So glad it was nothing serious! Rosie is off to a terrific start today in spite of it! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.