12/31 Tigger PMPS/346

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tigger's Friend, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

Good Morning, LL! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

yesterday's condo

It was a late night for us, but our paws are crossed for Libby, Doug & Hershey, who are still working on their all-nighter.

Thanks so much Marje, Julie & Wendy for your help, companionship & support last night! :YMHUG:

We stayed above 50 last night, but went ahead & took a skinny reduction & skipped shooting through the bounce. Last night I gave Tigger mostly 9%, and eventually 2 tsp gravy (twice) to keep his numbers up, & I really felt he was ready for a reduction. I hope we don't lose too much momentum by not shooting through the bounce, but he's clearing faster & with the holiday & family visiting I want to make sure Tigger stays safe, first & foremost. We can always climb back up the ladder.

WCR - Tigger's doing very well (anti-jinx these days, his eye's been healthy, only a few sneezes here & there, good attitude, and too good appy :lol: We're hoping infections are all behind us & we can concentrate on total healing.

Happy New Years to Everyone - Beans & Sugarbabies alike - here's wishing everyone goes OTJ in 2014!

2. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 12/31 Tigger AMPS/341 +2/305- Reducie & Thank you!

Congrats on the reducie :D I hope it does well for him, it's good he is feeling so great! Wishing you a Happy New Year! :D

3. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Wow, that was like getting stuck in Groundhog's Day! I clicked the yesterday's post link and dun dun dun - it opened TODAY'S. So being a little slow on the uptake, I did it AGAIN! :lol:

Here's your post from yesterday! http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=110949&p=1170776#p1170776

So Tigger's had a bit of a bounce today. Just watch and if he doesn't get back into greens when he clears it, remember the protocol suggests going back up to the "last good dose" immediately. don't give it 8 or 10 cycles to decide. The bounce ought to clear in 72 hrs or less.

Did you decide to reduce because you were giving him gravy last night - was this about the clause that said if the CG was working hard to keep the cat's numbers up?

4. Tigger's Friend

Hi Rachel & Julie,

Thanks for stopping by, & the support, Rachel.

Julie, - deja vu! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for checking up on us:

It was about that clause but my decision was cumulative - I fed almost all 9% for Tigger's regular food (instead of his normal 5%) which I've never done AND I still had to use 4 tsp HC gravy to keep him up. I'd had to work Tigger's AM 12/29 cycle too, but not as hard. If I'd only fed 5% and then broke out the HC gravy, I would've probably held the dose.

Thanks & Yes! - I'd increase at the 7th cycle to eliminate a possible bounce. If the bounce clears sooner & he has a good blue or green cycle, I'll start the countdown over.

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

good thinking! :D

6. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

paws crossed that it holds.
    and continued prayers for those infections to be done for good.....

7. Tigger's Friend

We've been taught by the best! :D

8. Tigger's Friend

Thanks, Rhiannon - I agree!!! Toes crossed, too!

9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

[​IMG]

Hope all is well in Tiggerland!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.