12/4 Loudogg AMPS 262 - Dosecrease

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

December 3, 2018 Condo - 27 Days Post Dental - Failed Reduction

Good morning all,
    Yesterday definitely showed that Lou failed his recent reduction. He's back up to 3.0u this morning. I'm bummed, but I'd rather him be in better numbers than at a lower dose. His levemir has shipped and is tentatively expected to arrive on Thursday. I sincerely hope it does and it's not delayed too long in Canada's postal backlog. I was originally going to wait until I had some more days in a row to switch him over, but I think I may just switch the first weekend after arrival so I'll have at least 4 full cycles to watch him closely.

My heart goes out to @LizzieInTexas this morning. Hug your kitties close folks and give them scritches or boops for me. I hope you all have a wonderful day and your kitties stay safe out there. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease. Sometimes you have to go up before you can go down. I hope you get the Levemir quickly. Don't forget to ask for dose advice a couple of cycles before you start the Lev.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Hope your lev arrives as scheduled. Will be interesting to see how well Lou works it.

Prayers and hugs for @LizzieInTexas.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease. Hope Lou see better progress on the Levemir. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

I hope so too! I'm really really excited for the Levemir to get here! I have a good feeling he'll do good on it... I just hope it's not wishful thinking on my part. :oops:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Just remember you will start at a lower dose. When the time comes ask for thoughts on what to start with. It is more potent than lantus and you could see a quick initial drop in glucose before the depot of lantus is gone and the lev built up.

7. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Hope you get the Levemir soon! Ravan took nearly a month before his BG started getting good! It takes a while for their body to adjust. ( You can take a look at Ravan's SS when I switched to Levemir)

I think the Levemir stays in the body a bit longer than Lantus. I did a few reductions too quickly. The depot was still affecting his BG. I should have waited. Every cat is Different!

Best Of Luck on the Levemir! :)