12/4 Yoyo PMPS 315, +2 220,+4 188,+8 259, AMPS 339,+2 241,+4 171,+5 188,

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see that green yesterday. I hope you see more soon.

3. Debra and Yoyo

Thanks Carla... Yoyo gave me a scare with the green number yeserday-but a good scare!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

You will eventually get used to green numbers and they won't scare you. You did a good job yesterday.

5. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Yoyo is making progress. I see he gave you some blues last night. Great job there Debra!
    Nice job Yoyo! Let's see what you have planned for us today!

Looks like you got it to work.

6. Debra and Yoyo

Soor
    Sorry that I haven't replied sooner. Today I had so much work from my boss to do. Just recently finished.

I last did a reading at +5 and Yo was on his way up. Honestly, I am holding back on testing because of the costs of these lovely test strips. I know I have to switch to a human meter, but I don't know which one yet and I don't know how I am going to handle the lower numbers. I won't believe them and I'll think I am doing something that isn't beneficial for Yoyo. How did you do the transition from pet meter to human meter? Did you do it slowly and use both meters at each testing?

7. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

No worries. I was busy today too :)

Yes, that's exactly what I did.

Even with the Walmart meter, I spend quite a bit on test strips because I test so much. I'm considering switching over to the OneDrop (https://start.onedrop.today/products/diabetes-package). They have a plan for $150 for 3 months of unlimited test strips. I need to really analyze how many strips I'm going through and see how much I'm spending to see if I am going over $50 a month.

If I switch, I'll do a trial so that I can see how the numbers translate. In either case, I will try to have AT strips on hand for low number situations.