? 12/5 PAX PMPS 90

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pax's Mom, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

2. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

3. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

Thanks for trying to get attention on this.
    I am going to shoot 2.5 now and hope that things will be okay. I forgot to pull his automatic feeding which feeds at his shot time. He is up to 104 now (35 miinutes later). If anyone thinks the shot was a bad idea, please let me know and I will set an alarm every hour tonight if I need to so I can monitor.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  4. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

This would be your lowest preshot where you are giving insulin. Last green was a no shot. Do you have high carb food, plenty of test strips and are able to monitor as may be needed tonight? I can stay up for two hours with you, if you shoot get a +1 and a +2 and see where he is at. He may bounce from hitting unfamiliar lower numbers, but at this point I can't say where the cycle will go.

It is a shootable number following TR, but you will need to continue to test to make sure he stays safe.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  5. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

thank you. I will test at +1 and +2 and go from there. I will be testing on the hour. I have low carb dry food that I can give him if needed (he has only been on wet for the last month). I also have honey and syrup on hand if there is an emergency.

6. Christie & Maverick

Most of us have a nice smorgasbord of various % carb wet food available, so we can steer lower numbers. The dry is okay in a pinch but not recommended, as it takes longer to be metabolized and longer to leave the system. It might be worth looking to have available some medium carb wet food ~12-15% like FF grilled, and high carb as well for the future. The FF naturals looks to be zero carb, which if I'm understanding correctly is what you fed at shot time? I'll watch for your +1.

7. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

I do have some FF Roasted Turkey, but I think that is only 3% carbs. Yes, he only eats FF Gourmet naturals White Meat Chicken currently.
    He is at 136 now so he is on the rise. I will stay up another hour and test again and see where he is. Thanks for checking in, if I have any major issues I will post a new post with 911 or something like that. Feel free to go to bed yourself :)

8. Christie & Maverick

Glad you have some carbs on hand, let's wait and see the +2. I'm good, I have a flex day off tomorrow, no worries, I can always catch a nap tomorrow, and I'm happy to help :)

9. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

10. Christie & Maverick

He is staying pretty flat at the moment, it doesn't look like he has hit onset yet, it might be worth feeding about a tsp of the 3% and if it were me, I'd get a +4. If the +4 is the same or higher, then you should be fine, but if it is lower, I'd suggest you feed another tsp of the 3% and check again at +5.

11. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

I do have to work in the morning so I am going to leave out 1/4 can with 1/4 can water mixed in of the the 3% and set an alarm for two hours from now and follow what you said. Unless something strange goes on I will not be updating this or the spreadsheet until the morning (in case others are watching and worried there arent any updates going on). I will update when I get up for work if I don't have any questions.

12. Christie & Maverick

Hoping he stays nice and flat, I'm glad you are okay to set the alarm and check again just to be safe.

13. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

He's my boy. If I could survive not sleeping and still be able to function at work I would stay up all night with him.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  14. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Good job on shooting :D Hope he surfed for you last night and you got some sleep :bighug: Is he eating? Any more throw up?

15. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

I think you've earned the honorary BOS award!!! I don't have a set to give you but, maybe someone can.

16. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

Ugg... taking me a bit to get going this morning but I am up and have my tea.
    I did get some sleep, according to my watch 6.5 hours :)
    Pax was on the bed with me most of the night so it made it easy to just open my eyes and test him then go right back to bed. Steady rise all night. He is at 426 now but I am guessing that is from the low numbers yesterday. I know it isn't good to have such high numbers, but I wont be able to test today as I have to be at work and wont get home until AM+11 so I am honestly happy (for today only).
    He ate a little last night, maybe about 1/2 can of food. He did not touch the high carb stuff so go him! In super good news... NO THROW UP!!!!
    I will have to give his shot at his normal time which is 30 minutes before last night's schedule (because of the 30 minute hold waiting for his numbers to rise), otherwise I will have to skip it. Hope that will be fine.

Sonia & Leo and LizzieInTexas like this.
  17. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

I think he new I was stressed out and didnt want to leave me. As soon as I started eating breakfast he went to his bowl and wanted his. Sometimes his numbers go down when he eats in the morning so I am letting him eat before his shot knowing that his number 45 minutes ago was already in the 400s

Sonia & Leo likes this.