12/6 Jenks AMPS 68 +4 37 +6 78 +10 78 PMPS 81 +7 40 +9 80

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AZJenks, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

12/5

Jenks is starting the day out with a beautiful number after a night spent hanging out in the 60s. Hopefully we're looking forward to another great day of numbers ahead!

2. AZJenks

He delivered a great day all right. I wanted the cycle to look like yesterday, but I suspected we might expect sharks early in the cycle after seeing that AMPS in the 60s, and they showed up right on time.

It's nothing that a little gravy, karo, and food can't correct. You can see from the numbers later in the cycle that he holds his numbers once we get him up.

But still. This is six cycles at 7.5U and two trips into the 30s. A reduction is certainly in order, probably down to 7.0U, but boy does that make me nervous. We're in post-vacation territory and I'm wary of doing anything that might rock the boat because once the numbers break out and start to drift, there's no reining them back in. On the other hand, the numbers for the rest of the day are all fine and free of drama. So I'm conflicted. I guess we could start slowing things down and try quarter unit reductions to see if that does anything.

Tonight, I'm holding the dose. This question is more for the morning dose depending on his numbers.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell for sure with Jenks, but numbers in the 30s are a good indication for a dose reduction.

4. AZJenks

PMPS is solid. Jenks ate well. Now we settle in for the night cycle. If it's anything like last night, it's going to involve lots of snuggle time.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

WOW!! Jenks, what are you up to??

6. AZJenks

Just when you get used to flat, safe, and predictable night cycles...

Time for more gravy, karo, and food. I'm definitely going to have to monitor him as he gets nearer to AMPS to make sure he doesn't head in too low given the likelihood of another early morning dive.

Tonight's number also indicates the need for another reduction, but doesn't help me decide how big of one. I guess one quarter or one half is better than no reduction at all, so it's pointless to debate so long as it happens.

7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Does Jenks usually earn reductions after OH has returned? Or does the upset happen gradually?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.