12/8 Tigger PMPS 505 - no clear nadir for a few cycles

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Moms2Tigger&Blu, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

Tigger has now spent a whole cycle in pink then a whole cycle in red and is now black at PMPS. I'm wondering if we have NDW since it seems to have started when we increased. or poss a humongous bounce? We did not get a mid-cycle test yesterday am, but I have a feeling he was just high and flat that day too. When do you start worrying about the insulin potency? I am still using the original vial - going on the six months. Its still clear and has never been out of the fridge. Any thoughts? I'm sure he'll finally go lower tonight now that I've asked this long question lol

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Insulin doesn't just stop working, as long as it looks clear and hasn't been frozen. If it's losing potency, you'll see a gradual drift up in numbers. Some cats do a high before going low. Or it could be NDW which usually hits in the first couple cycles after an increase. Paws crossed it means he's coming down.

From yesterday:
    You look at the non bounce nadirs. So don't count the cycles where he's high due to fur shots, bounces, NDW, contraband, etc. Ask yourself the question "how low can this dose take my cat?" Those are the nadirs you want to look at. And playing the "what if" game on numbers and standard deviation will drive you crazy. Just go by what you see.

3. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

WOW, you predicted it exactly. Nice Blues to start the cycle today, hopefully he can just surf them all day!

Wendy&Neko likes this.