12/9 Loudogg AMPS 132 +4 162 +6 217 +8.5 199 PMPS 156

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

December 8, 2018 Condo - First day on Levemir

Good morning all!
    Yesterday was Lou's first day on Levemir, and you could say he had barrels of fun. :D Momma bean, on the other hand, lost her head. It amazes me how comfortable I am overall with this FD dance after a year and a half of dancing, but one lime PMPS (only our second) can make me forget everything I know. I'm not ashamed to admit I panicked a bit. I think it was a mixture of "but if onset is at least 4 hours away..." and "it's only his second Levemir dose, I don't want to lose progress by skipping". I ended up feeding (LC with HC, like he's never had a lime 40s BG before :rolleyes:) instead of stalling and waiting for his BG to come up. But what's funny is I felt better and clear-headed as soon as I did, even though I ended up shooting an hour late. Overall, a great learning experience and an impressive Lev introduction.

He started at nearly 400 yesterday morning, and by PMPS, his BGs had lowered 350 points. My rainbow kitty to the extreme. I'm surprised because he would have normally bounced that cycle and came down the next. Instead, he kept decent numbers through the PM cycle last night. It's too soon to say for sure, but he seemed happier yesterday, being more vocal and affectionate, playing on his own a couple of times, and just feeling good, despite his high numbers to start the day. I definitely hope this continues. It's possible with the higher AMPS that he may bounce today, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. He may surprise me again. :cat:

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday (is it really Sunday already?!) and your kitties surf safely! Sending vines to all those kitties and beans in need, especially Mr. Jones (@Tracey&Jones) and Miss Phoebes (@Phoebes). :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Lou does seem to really like Lev! :D:D

3. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Awesome update! So glad it's working for Lou!
    Keep it going Lou!!:D:D:D

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Lou seems to be feeling good. I hope he flattens out on the Lev.

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Well Hello Lev !!!!!! Lou will straighten out once lantus is out and lev has built up. In the meantime he might be a wacky doodle for a day or two.

He will like lev better I think.

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the Lev, seems like he found his magic elixir!

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yesterday I forgot to mention one of my favourite benefits of Lev and a later nadir. Going btb (back to bed) after shot time on weekends knowing that you have hours until onset. :)

Lovely cycle last night.

Amanda and a Loudogg likes this.
  8. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Thank you so much everyone! With his shot being a half an hour off and trying to test at different times (I attempted +4, +7, and +10), I totally screwed up my test schedule, haha. Testing at +6 and +8.5 doesn't really get me where I wanted, but it looks like he might be bouncing a bit (or calming from the new insulin overworking yesterday), so it's all good so far. I figure if this is his new bouncing (a girl can dream), I will take it and run with it. :D:D:D