12/9 Yoyo AMPS 291,+2 301,+4 293,+10 321,PMPS 292, +2 222,+4 126,+5 125,+8 130

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice job last night. I hope Yoyo heads down and surfs today.

3. Debra and Yoyo

Good morning, This is a full time job in itself....too bad we don't get Sundays off:joyful:...Hope you have a great day!

4. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Yoyo's been getting used to the blues. That's great! Hope he gives some green today.

We know you can, Yoyo, so come on now!

5. Debra and Yoyo

Morning....Last night Yoyo's +8 was 166 and I fed him 1/2 can of food as he was hungry and also I thought the food would bring up his BG count for the morning which it possibly did as his AMPS was 291. Last night his 1st PMPS was really low at 165, so I waited around 45 minutes and his BG count came up to 213. I'm just asking....should he be this low at PMPS and during the early morning +8 reading? Any possibility that maybe he needs a reduction in insulin.....again I am just asking as I am wondering why he is on the low side. I know he hasn't been in the green in a while but just concerned with the low numbers especially at PMPS time.

6. Rosie & Bailey

The low numbers are a good thing!
    I think you did the right thing by stalling, although next time consider stalling for about 20-30 minutes rather than 45.

Reductions are based on nadirs so even though his PMPS is low, you don't reduce until you hit that cutoff, which I believe is 90, even on the AT meter. I don't they make a distinction on that. Low PMPS get's resolved by stalling, which is what you did.

The fact that he's seeing blue numbers with the same dose means his pancreas is producing some of the insulin he needs, and the more it happens, the better.
    The protocol seems to be working for him so I would keep following it.

You're a worry wart, just like me. It gets easier :)

7. Debra and Yoyo

My middle name is "Worry". I worry what if I drop his insulin and it breaks, I worry what if the refrigerator breaks down, I worry what if there is a power outage, I'll need to get ice and have an igloo handy, and on and on I go.

8. Rosie & Bailey

Yeah, that's me too. I learned today, though, that sometimes that worry can work against you. Bailey got a +2 pink of 307, her first pink in a long time. I was so worried about her numbers dropping too low, that I reduced too soon and I didn't increase when I should have. She's fine, and I'm sure we will get back on track, but it is a setback that could have been averted. I guess we need to worry with reason, not just worry for the sake of worrying. At least, that's the lesson I am taking from this.

I bought this for my last trip to Florida. It worked well when the ice finally melted on the road, but it did not keep it as cold as the ice. For my next trip, I plan on stopping for ice 2/3 of the way to replenish as that is the best solution, but this is good to have in case of emergency since it does keep the insulin cool, even if not cold. Would work well in the case of an extended power outage where getting ice could be problematic.
    https://www.amazon.com/Insulin-Cool...eywords=evaporative cooling pouch for insulin