13 Jan | Girlie AMPS 171; +4=115 Poo and Pukas

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Girlie's mom, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/12-jan-girlie-amps-257-4-30-50-c4-on-0-1-reduce.189475/

Yesterday I was supposed to be at work and she decided to dive down to 50 (and would have gone lower) by +4:30.

Last night, she also went down quickly.

Today I'm home, and she's nice and steady blue. Carbs seem to be key, here: Yesterday AM she had her favourite 6% food; today, 8% (plus she had a too-soft poo drama and lotsa pukas).

I was thinking of going back to a drop after yesterday and last night, but I guess she'll have to show me she wants to. Cats! Go figure... :)

Haven't heard back from the vet re: the cobalamin yet.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

She didn't want you to leave her to go to work! How sweet. :joyful: Sorry for the soft poos and pukas. :(

Girlie's mom likes this.
  3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Darrah, do you find her response to carbs has changed over time or that a certain carb that works during the am cycle doesn’t for the pm cycle or visa versa?

Girlie didn’t want a reduction, Alicia’s right, she just wanted to get your attention so you would stay with her, clever girl! :cat:

4. Girlie's mom

Yes indeed re: carbs. She seems to need higher carbs at night - but then again, that depends on what her dose is and what cycle she's on for that dose. Sometimes I think I've got it figured out, and then she changes things! One thing I really, really wish is that she'd eat the 8% and 10% food I have for her with the same gusto that she saves for the 6% Wellness Beef and Salmon. She picks at the others, but she loves the 6% and the 1% ProPlan Adult 11+. I could give her Mirtazapine, and then she'd eat whatever I put in front of her, but I hate the way it makes her a bit crazy for food, so I just end up opening a lot of cans to tempt her, instead.

5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Nice cycle today. I sure hope the pukus was just once and she’s feeling better. Yay for poo!

Girlie's mom likes this.
  6. Girlie's mom

It was a post-poo pukas - poor thing!

It was a nice cycle today! :) Really hot, so she wasn't very hungry; I'm sure the pukas poo didn't help...but she's back on track tonight. I'm ready to cuddle and snooze, so no dramas, Girlie! You're getting some extra carbs so mom can get some sleep.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.