13YO Maine Coon Recently Diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ajamaistien, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajamaistien

ajamaistien New Member

Hello!

My name is Leslie, and our 13 year old Maine Coon, Chewy, was recently diagnosed with diabetes after I noticed him drinking more than usual and going through a LOT of litter. I had him tested and confirmed. He is currently on Prozinc and switched to a wet food diet where less than 10% of calories are derived from carbs (thanks to the info here while I was still lurking).

Nice to meet you all! All the info from this site has already been a huge help with me getting over my shot and glucose testing nerves. I'm the type who feels much better going in armed with information!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome, you are in the right place. Tons of info, experienced, caring, supportive people. We love our Maine Coons ( big ole giant cats), don't we?

3. ajamaistien

ajamaistien New Member

Thank you! I adopted him from someone who found him as a stray and posted him to Craigslist, and he's my first pet as an adult. Their loss, though, as he's amazingly calm all the time, has a huge personality, and has converted all cat haters who have encountered him. :)

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! He looks like he may be Mia's long-lost cousin. :cat:

5. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Wow, they do look alike, so pretty and handsome.

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

He is a stunning lad.

7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.