14/02 - Gremlin - AMPS 317, +2.5 261, +4.5 187, +7.25 193, PMPS 286, +2.5 239

Discussion in 'Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir)' started by Laura and Gremlin, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Laura and Gremlin

Laura and Gremlin Well-Known Member

Last post 04/02

Because I'm useless and fatigued and not coping well, it's been 10 days since I've been on :( Thank you to all who have been sending vines.

Gremlin has put on weight and doesn't look like a ratty stick figure anymore, yay! His coat looks lovely and he's getting back some of his frame. I'm so happy! :D

BUT his blood glucose is steadily rising and I have no idea why :arghh: I haven't seen numbers like this since I don't even know when. I'm worried.
    I'm home today (in and out but no work) so I will try to get a few more tests in to see how he's going. It's been so long since I've had to deal with this, I've forgotten what to do! I'll have to do some reading.

Sending you all love, hugs and vines! And not just because it's V Day here ;)
    Snapchat-332979899.jpg

2. Mandy & Rex

Mandy & Rex Well-Known Member

Great news about Gremlin's appearance!

I think what you need to do is to stay with 0.25u both AM and PM until it has been at least 6 cycles in a row on the same dose, reevaluate to see if you need to increase, and repeat.

3. Laura and Gremlin

Yep, I agree.
    I was changing his dose fairly often because he was up and down after his thyroid surgery but now he has recovered from that, his BGL has settled into a pattern. Not a good pattern! But a pattern nonetheless. Time to return to TRP guidelines. Arg!

4. carfurby

carfurby Well-Known Member

Yay for weight gain. I hope you can get Grem's numbers back on track. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

Laura and Gremlin likes this.
  5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I'm so happy to read this update. I have been praying for Gremlin every night. Prayers will continue, and I'm sending vines for better BGs.

Laura and Gremlin likes this.
  6. Laura and Gremlin

Finally updated with today's numbers so well. I think I'll be looking at an increase in a couple of days :( We haven't been above 0.25u in a very long time!