14-Feb: Tyler &M : AMPS=358 : +5.5=250: +9.5=274: PMPS=229

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PussCatPrince - GA, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Yesterday Condo

So, last evening I altered the diet. Not for the best with regards CKD and diabetes but with what was available locally on a better than nothing basis.
    Tyler got a good part of a small can of Dine (lamb ) and an equal part of boiled brown rice at PMPS. As I knew he'd had a B12 injection I added in the boulardii on a what the heck basis.
    A couple of hours later he got some gruel of Dine/brown rice, the boulardii again and SEB.

This morning not a sign of a poop nor a wee in any of the trays. Nothing.

He obviously slept better than me as he was up looking at me and waiting for action this morning.
    I took him down the garden to encourage his walk and he had a good long wee and a very squitty poop .

Today so far he's eaten the food as per the night before with the boulardii at AMPS and when I got back from my appts I gave him a small snack meal of the same but with SEB.

So far today, at 2.30pm, nothing in any of the trays.

Now. I know this may be a fluke. I know there may be an explosion to come but I think me and Ty will take what respite we can get.

I'm a bit thoughtful as to his insulin dose. I think it needs a small raise BUT I have yet to settle on a diet AND he has the needle biopsy procedure on Friday + the dye in the eyeball thing which will mean no shot anyway.
    Not envying him dye in the eyeball. I've had that or similar & it made me feel very queasy after the event.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the new diet works for Ty and keeps his poo normal. Good luck with the procedures on Friday. Sending prayers.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  3. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay no squirties!! Hope this new diet will help:bighug::cat: head bumps

4. PussCatPrince - GA

I know it'll bore you all to tears as you all have your own poop probs but I just have to share. One of the absolute best days of my year so far.

In the last 24 hrs, no squits, diarrhea or poops in the house trays. Not that I care if he does. That is what the trays are for. No overnight squits or poops. No overnight urine with that.
    This morning a perfectly good wee and a darn good squitty plop poop in the garden mulch during his walk.
    This evening a good wee and a rather good poop in the garden. Light brown in colour grant you but it was not a splat. It was a more than a little formed ! I saw tiny logs. I did. I did. :) I saw the beginnings of a formed log or three.
    Didn't even have to clean him. It was fine.

I am over the flippin' moon.

Where is @Jill & Alex (GA) and also in particular @HWright . I am not sure I would have tried the brown rice grain thing just like that without your input but I really think this has been the key the past 24 hrs. Ty has only had bad ordinary cat food + this , yet the improvement in stools and in himself has been very marked.

I know it may not last but if I had you both close right now , I would give you a right good hug. The pair of you.

With this, I have added in all the other good stuff suggested by everyone of you wonderful people . Boulardii. (B12 shots happening) . SEB. Pumpkin - which I bought and baked today.

Oh my. What a wonderful day.

5. PussCatPrince - GA

and here is my Pusscat Prince trying to snaffle some contriband. He opened this cupboard door himself to stick his nose in Dusty's food bag.

Of course it means his BG numbers are too huigh but heck. I love that he is motivated to sort it out man.

BTW. He doesn't get the Temptation treats. They are for when Dusty is nervous.

IMG_2029.JPG

Attached Files:

6. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

I'm so happy for you M! :bighug: I know this has been very trying to say the least. Those more formed poos are super good news! I hope it's the trick that lasts!:bighug::bighug:
    Now where's the pic of the shame or mischievity exiting the pantry??? You knows it's no good not showing us his sweet face!!:joyful:

7. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

@PussCatPrince M! Happy beyond the moon for you and Ty! What wonderful poo news and your photo! What a hoot! And what a beautiful happy boy! To paraphrase a Star Wars mantra: May the poop logs be with you! :bighug::bighug:

Hope he continues to feel better and happy appy!
    ❤️
    Sina

(Btw: my apologies for being a bit out of the loop: mitigation of dh’s truck-induced back yard mud holes after the recent rains did me and my back in yesterday:banghead:)

8. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Love it! Cupboard too accessible to inquisitive kitties!

9. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Great poop report! :D

10. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

This is the best thing I've read in a while. Awesome!:smuggrin:

11. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Real poop!!! :woot::woot::woot: :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Yay for you and Ty, I'm so glad it's helping!!! And if the higher carb wet food/brown rice is what it has to be, well it's just what it has to be, you can always work the insulin around it. This made my day! So very happy for Ty and you. May the lot progress continue! :cat:

12. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

Yay! Continuing good poop vines for your prince :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.