16 Jan | Girlie AMPS 113; +4=79; +8.5=95; PMPS 268

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Girlie's mom, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...04-dose-and-carb-dilemma.189618/#post-2111060

AMPS 113 after two BCS of a drop. I decided to stick with a drop today because a) she's still dropping into lower greens on 0.1 even with MC/HC food; b) I'm at work.

I dropped home quickly at AM+4 and she was 79 even though I'd left 13% food out (which she ate). We'll see how she goes on this drop for now, although I know the 0.1 depot is in play. We'll see!

2. Girlie's mom

Thanks, @Gill & George - I do think she's doing better; I certainly wouldn't see blacks on the AT right now - you're right about that!

3. Girlie's mom

I'm going in to interview a new vet tomorrow: fingers crossed this guy knows something about FD. He does refer people to the FDMB on his site, so that's a plus!

Gill & George and LizzieInTexas like this.
  4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Well, if he knows that limits of what he doesn't know about FD, that's OK. As long as he's a good vet and can handle everything else, you'll be fine. In fact, you'll be better than fine if he doesn't give you a hard time and calls us the crazy cat people on FDMB!!

Girlie's mom likes this.
  5. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed for y'all :bighug: Please give us a report when you can :)

Girlie's mom likes this.
  6. Girlie's mom

What an interesting day today (and the last few days on a drop). I went down to a drop for BCS reasons, but decided to stick with it today as she had such a low starting number and I had to go to work. Today has looked really good for her:

AMPS 113 (gave 6% food)
    (left 13% food out)
    +4= 79 (6% food)
    +5= 79 (6% food)
    (left 6% food out but she didn't eat any)
    +8.5 = 95

We'll see where she is for her PMPS, but I'm really liking her numbers today.

Of course the vet visit tomorrow will probably wreck this good run! He's about a 40+ minute drive away; I'm glad she's a good traveller, but that also depends on the driver being good, as well. We'll see...

Gill & George likes this.
  7. Girlie's mom

I won't let him call you the crazy cat people at FDMB! Grrrrr if he tries...

8. Girlie's mom

PMPS 268: Maybe she thought she needed to add a new colour into the spectrum... from 95 @ +8.5 to 268 at PMPS is an awfully big bounce, though...

I'm assuming that this is a bounce - but perhaps not?

9. Girlie's mom

Got Girlie's new blood tests back, including Cobalamin. There's no great change in her other labs (see Labs tab in her SS).

Cobalamin (B-12) = 1,219 (Normal range 250 - 1,200 pmol/L) so she's a little high

Tests were done at the IDEXX lab

10. LizzieInTexas

I so want to tell people to show the OTJ video with the list of kitties that are in remission when their vets are being PITA's. They couldn't really argue with that! Or, for that matter, China's SS. :D

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  11. LizzieInTexas

IMO that is great! Would just start adding the B12 (Methylcobalamin) to her food. I mix the small dose in with the entire cycle of food so he gets a bit at every feeding.

Hope you are feeling better. :bighug:

12. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you like the new vet. Girlie is looking good. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.