19-Nov Mav AMPS 266|+5 248|PMPS 295|+4 283

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christie & Maverick, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Mav is still the same, and I've been doing parallel AT2 readings (not for comparison), but just to keep an eye on trends. What shows as yellow in human meter isn't great (pinks or reds as a trend) with the AT2.

Something just isn't right, and I really think it's the insulin. I'm sure it could last for 6 months, but as newbie, I know I made some mistakes with the vial, before I knew better, and I think that has affected its potency. He used to have way more active cycles, but lately there just isn't much movement at all. I'm going to open the new vial tonight, I can't have him lingering in this general pattern of high numbers anymore.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the new insulin makes a difference, but Mav may just need more insulin.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I will never get the AT2 readings out of my head. I have had similar results, yellows being pinks and reds on AT2. :banghead:

I did the same thing with my insulin vial, it didn't turn out to be the problem, but worth it for the peace of mind. Hope it works out to be the issue. Come down, Mav. :cat:

4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Hopefully the new insulin does the trick for Mav

5. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Show your momma some more blues, now, Maverick!

6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Work that juice, Mav!! :cat:

7. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Mav, buddy let's get back to the water together, it's been awhile for both of us. I've been threatened with a dosecreas, let's work the juice ! Titan

8. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

+4= 283, looks like it's not the insulin. He's been running flat reds all day on AT2 :(, I can't figure out what is going on. 10 days ago, we were hitting greens with a reduction number at a lower dose (1u). I guess more juice is in his future.

9. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I once thew out 3 viles (before using the pens) in a month because Doodles turned into the mystery cat with his numbers. I even changed pharmacies because I was convinced the viles were bad. Unfortunately, it was never the insulin but it does give piece of mind.

Kitties insulin needs just change frequently. It can take a long time for some to be "well regulated". Keep doing what you're doing...and remember Mav is more then his numbers :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.