? 19th April AMPS 28.1 another bounce. Increase dose right thing to have done?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Steph & Suki, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Steph & Suki

Steph & Suki Member

Hi all

I suspect Suki is having a little bounce today. I have increased back up to 2.25u this morning in the hopes i can catch the full depot and any low pre shot numbers whilst i am off work over the next few days.

My question is how am i ever going to get her regulated? Is this how it will always be? Having to go up and down. I would love to be able to get the lovely yellow and blue curves that i see on other charts but we only get the odd few numbers. Ours stay in the pinks mainly with reds and the odd yellow/blue and even rarer green.

Is there a better way to manage this? We seems to be stuck with varying doses between 2 and 2.5u as we have the best results here but she will throw out a random low number then bounce.

Just trying to get a better understanding of how to help her. Sorry for the very long post :)

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

SLGS calls for doing a curve before doing the increase. However, you do a good job at getting those before bed tests. I am glad you increased back up.
    My girl's spreadsheet was mostly red and pink in the beginning, took her a year to get rid of reds on the spreadsheet. Cats take their own time to get regulated. The saying is ECID each cat is different, and it's so true. Just follow the dosing method guidelines. Since you are following SLGS, evaluate the dose every 7 days and increase if you aren't seeing the numbers between 90 and 149. It's not uncommon to have to dance around a particular dose up and down. Maybe the picture will become clearer as you gather more data on the long weekend.

Steph & Suki likes this.
  3. Steph & Suki

Steph & Suki Member

Yes i would normally curve before an increase but i want to catch the full depot and if i get a weird low number be able to curve that day. Am hoping to do one on monday when i am off and have the day to myself.

Thank you for the insight into her numbers. I didnt realise it could take so long to bring her down like that. I will keep powering through then i was worried i was doing something wrong as i am sure it cant feel good for her to be bouncing up and down like this. I just want to do the best by her she is such a good girl with all the testing and needles etc :)

Thank you @Wendy&Neko