2/1 Cocoa AMPS 443, +382, PMPS 398, +2 300, +4 169, +5 166 worried

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cocoa12, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cocoa12

Cocoa12 Member

Ok so I am a little worried Cocoas blood sugar has dropped by 121 in 2 hours shouldI be worried here? He readings are as follows:

AMPS 443, +382, PMPS 398, +2 300, +4 169, +5 166

I recently increased his dose to 1.25 I just want to make sure this is ok and I am not freaking out.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Cocoa12

Cocoa12 Member

Thanks for the reply. I am going to test him here in about 10 min followed by another in an hour.

Thanks for the link I am reading it now!

I love the number just not the huge drop in two hours scared me lol.

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

A lot of times a big drop means that kitty is breaking a bounce. As long as the next drop is smaller, and kitty is not racing toward the deep end of the lagoon, no need to panic. Just feed some LC to slow them down. But know that a big drop, no matter how high the numbers involved, can cause another bounce. :rolleyes:

It looks like you are getting closer to a good dose. Although it's scary to see a big drop, it's nice to see the blue numbers! A welcome change from all the pink and red.

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  5. Cocoa12

Cocoa12 Member

Ya that is what I a afraid of is a bounce. His numbers are high this morning at AMPS 488, +2 480, and +4 428. Is this a bounce?

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I would say that is a bounce, although it's like his previous numbers. Good luck with the new dose. I hope you see some more blues soon.

7. Cocoa12

Cocoa12 Member

Thank you. Do you typically lower the does after a bounce?

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

If he earned a reduction, you would. Cocoa will learn that blues are okay, and you will see more of them.

9. Cocoa12

Cocoa12 Member

I am not familiar with what you mean by earned a reduction? I read that in order to right the bounce you should lower the dose. It said that the higher new does is confusing his body and causing it to dump more "sugar" into the blood. It was saying the way you correct it is to lower the dose. So I am a little confused lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.