2/10 Jonesy AMPS 373 = 1.0u; +3 = 304; +9 = 310; PMPS 318 = 1u; +3 = 290

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Darcy and Jonesy, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Darcy and Jonesy

Darcy and Jonesy Well-Known Member

Sigh . . . what's he doing?? Even after a dose increase up by 1/4, he's super high this morning.

I'm out the whole day (I think, that's the plan so far) looking at houses with my agent. I'll be able to get a +3 this morning, but the rest of the week it will be +2's.

Hope everyone is doing well, I hate starting a week already feeling discouraged.

Darcy

Yesterday http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...293-6-304-pmps-313-increasing-to-1-0u.225415/

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Try not to get discouraged. Some cats don't react to a dose increase right away. Some cats get NDW (new dose wonkiness) where the numbers go higher right away when you increase and then they come down.

Darcy and Jonesy likes this.
  3. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Hang in there and hang in here :cool:

It’s a marathon not a sprint.

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh Darcy, please don't be discouraged after only two doses into the increase - gotta give this stuff time, time and more time.

You may need to put on the 'patience pants' - I haven't seen those around lately...shall we send you a pair?

Hang in there - go do your house hunting thang - don't worry about Jonesy - he just hasn't read the 'Ready Response' manual so he's taking his sweet time adjusting to the new dose - and for all we know, it might not be exactly what he's needing just yet - might need a little more - but give him some time to sort it out. He's doing his best :)

Sonia & Leo and Darcy and Jonesy like this.
  5. Darcy and Jonesy

Thanks all :bighug: There are so many times that I feel like a fraud. I'm very good at the whole "giving support" thing, especially in the Facebook group, but man . . . when it comes to my own boy, I become a whiny beyatch ;) LOL Sue, I will ABSOLUTELY take you up on a pair of Patience Pants. I'll need a 5XL with pockets please! heehee

I NEED to learn to test for ketones. Are there any tips how to do it without having him HATE me forever for sticking my hand under his butt while he's peeing?

Off to go see some shacks . . . :rolleyes:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

I used the ketone urine dip sticks to test Luci. The vet gave me a baggie of little plastic pellets and I picked up a plastic bin, lined it with a plastic bag and put the plastic pellets in there - and had to put her regular litter box away so that she would have no choice but to use the LB with the plastic pellets. She'd go in there for her morning visit and I'd rush in as soon as I got up - often she would go in there and I'd hear her scratching around in those pellets so I'd tip the box up just to make a puddle, dip and read. Then rinse the pellets using a colander - allow to dry and re-use the next time in a clean lined plastic bin. To me that was a lot easier than trying to invade her space with a plastic spoon behind her butt - but some folks have had good luck with that. When I step into the laundry room where her LB is located and she's in there - she will stop what she's doing and stare at me as if to say ' A little privacy here mom!' She won't move until I leave ... and then I can hear the scratching and well you know...she takes care of her business...but not with me watching...what a girl!

You can get the ketone UA strips at the pharmacy - they're pretty cheap.

Sonia & Leo and Darcy and Jonesy like this.
  7. Sue and Luci

Here are those silly patience pants :)

upload_2020-2-10_10-35-50.png

8. Darcy and Jonesy

OMG! I would SOOO wear those! LOL

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  9. Darcy and Jonesy

Hmmm, outta the pinks where he hung out all day, to just dip his toe in the sunshine of yellow . . . you're a stubborn one Mr. Jonesy Bones ;)

Give me some full time sunshine tomorrow! Ha!

10. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

4D3E43F1-AE29-488E-A235-ED34AB5BB7C8.jpeg

It was 6 months before we saw our first green...:banghead:

Darcy and Jonesy likes this.