2/11 Frosty: amps 242, +4.5 165, +6 175, +8 148..?? 0.25u. Going away for 10 days

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ana & Frosty (GA), Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

As I mentioned yesterday, we are going away on a Friday for 10 days, and my sitter will come twice a day to feed and give insulin. I will teach her how to check sugar in case something seems wrong, but otherwise she won’t reallt be checking because he has become difficult to get blood from, and bites. I don’t want to add any stress to either of them during my abcense.

I decreased his dose to 0.25 3 days ago because he has been as low as 68 (ALPHATRACK 2 meter) for me with the 0.5 dose, and I just worry about hypoglycemia. I did a curve yesterday on the new dose and wanted to see if you guys agreed that 0.25 is a good dose to continue for the next 2 weeks. I’ll keep checking him twice a day and at night before we leave on Friday. My goal is to keep him between 100-300 while we are gone. When i get back I will do another curve to see if we need to adjust. I really appreciate your feedback.

2. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

Bumping for wiser eyes.

Ana & Frosty (GA) likes this.
  3. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Thank you! Our +6 was 176, but then our +8 was 148... huh??

4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Seems an okay drop. Nadir isn’t always at +6

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I still think you should stick to 0.25u. :)

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I think the .25u looks good. Decent numbers but not too low.

7. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Thanks for your feedback.
    Frosty’s lowest numbers are strangely usually around +2/+4 , but I fell back asleep this morning. I will check a +2 and maybe +4 before bed tonight.
    Thanks for your feedback, everyone. I just needed some reassurance. If I wasn’t going away I would have likely kept him at the 0.5U, but I think it’s better if he’s not dropping into the 70s or 60s while we are away.

His +10 is 226. I’m just hoping his pre shot numbers won’t be above 300.

Ana

Juliet and Tracey&Jones (GA) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.