2/11 Max PZI AMPS 259 - Any advice for newbie?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by hollyall, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollyall

hollyall Well-Known Member

Good morning. Still trying to get a handle on home testing and what the numbers mean. Wednesday Max's PMPS was 201 so I waited on injection. I fed him and re-checked in an hour. He was at 236. Being a newbie, I was conservative and only shot .2u. I thought for sure Max's numbers would jump up the next morning, but I got an AMPS of 244, so I played it conservative again and shot .2u. I wasn't sure if the change in diet to only low carb wet was still influencing his #'s. His PMPS was 255 so I was conservative again, still learning how the PZI works on Max, and shot .2u (3 cycles on .2u). He was 2+ 147 and 4+ 139. Today's AMPS was 259. It seems like Max is at least holding steady or possibly creeping up, so I shot .3u this morning. I plan to do a full BG curve tomorrow (yeah!) now that I can be home during the day. I know I still need a lot more data. Doe anyone have any advice on numbers/dose? I'm still learning what the numbers mean. Should I hold steady with .3u and run the curve on that or try .4u tonight depending on PMPS and do the curve on that? I know I'm talking small #'s, but, after the drop last Saturday, "start low, go slow" has a whole new meaning.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I answered over on your post in PZI, Holly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.