2/11 Thos - AMPS 120, +3 59, +3.25 54, +4 63, +4.5 66, +5 67, +6 78, +8 85, PMPS 99, +2 107, +4 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tom & Thomas (GA), Feb 11, 2019.

1. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Previous 2/8

Just when I thought we were heading into another boring day, Thos throws me his first under 60.

It was his mealtime, so I went ahead and served his 1oz of FF paté, which he ate right up. Yesterday was one of those days where he cranked out and didn't eat much between breakfast and late afternoon, so I was happy to see him eat this meal, even if not just what I should have done.

The test 15min later was right after he ate, and in part to check that I hadn't gotten a bad test result the first time.

I figure I should test every half-hour until he is rising for two tests, but shift into low number protocol if he drops under 50. Does that sound about right?

Yes, I have a bottle of Karo and labeled FF cans ranging from 12-20%. And in extremis, kibble from days of yore at 5, 10, 15 and 20% :).

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

That's what I would do. Glad you have Karo on hand. Hopefully you won't need it and you can get him to have a beautiful green surf.
    Keep posting, so if you want more guidance and/ or moral support people can help out

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Test again 20 minutes from the last test and make sure he has come up. I am assuming you gave him some food with that 54, right?

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  4. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

His +4 came in at 63, but I'll stick with testing every 30min till I've got two more rises/flats.

Since he'd just had a full meal, I didn't feed any more at that +3.25 54. I assumed I didn't want to feed again right away, in case I had to later go to MC or HC. But please tell me what I should have done.

Of course, after not going outside earlier this morning, he's now gone into full-blown let-me-out wail-and-moan :).

5. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

6. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Sure, of course. Thanks for your help, as always.

I assume we're going to be good here. But I'm waiting to take down the "?".

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

I'll pop in and out to check on you. I am getting my mom fed and ready for an OT appointment. Keep on doing what you are doing and post your numbers.

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Since it was his meal time and you had just fed him I would have done what you did and waited for 20-30 minutes to get the next test. Now at 63 I would get another test 30 minutes from that one and see if he is staying above 50.

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  9. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

I may get a +5.5 but at this point I think what we've got here is a beautiful surf. Weird after the so-so AMPS.

I'm taking the "?" off the title. Thanks so much to both of you for your kind support!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  10. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Beautiful surf today for Thos! Great job guiding him through it.:D

Tom & Thomas (GA) likes this.
  11. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Thanks!

There must be something in the air with both our cats getting higher AMPSs. Hope Bailey's turns into a nice surf as well!

12. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Thanks. Took her all day, but she finally got there.

13. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Nice! I don't relish having to watch over night-time surfing. But I reckon my turn is coming.