2/12/18 Love AMPS 391; +3=340; +7=387; PMPS 383

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

She did not want to cooperate this morning for test. Had to put her breakfast in front of her. No problem poking then. Dose increase given. She ate a whole can for breakfast. Did not want to wait another day. She is walking on her toes, Zobaline ordered. After feed and shoot, she jumped up on the table and sat there looking for her treat. She is already associating treat with poke. Certainly not like Smokey who just laid down and waited. This one won't be still.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Give her some time.....it's still all very new to her!!

Hopefully once you get her numbers down some, she won't be so "food crazy"

3. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

I think she is doing great considering what she's been through in her life. She sounds like a very smart cat. :cat:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

She's already learning. She'll get used to the rest of the routine. I hope her numbers come down soon.

5. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

What is this a sign of?

6. Olive & Paula

She is finishing off PJ's food now. I notice she has a hard firm belly. Actually it the only substance on her. She feels so lightweight when you pick her up yet she suppose to weigh more than my Tripper who does feel heavier. As soon as vet opens I am calling for appt.

7. Olive & Paula

Neuropathy.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  8. Judy and Boomer

Sounds like she is doing well; she's already teaching you her new routine! :smuggrin:

9. Olive & Paula

Yes she is. FOOD FOOD FOOD and MORE FOOD!!!! :woot:

10. Judy and Boomer

Enjoy it! At some point she will become finicky like every other cat :cat::rolleyes:

11. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I think it's fantastic in every way what you are doing with Love and it seems she is starting to understand what you are doing for her. :bighug::bighug:

12. Olive & Paula

Nice little drop at +3. Earliest appt with other vet is 2 weeks. :(. She found the sliders this morning and watching the birds. 4 of the p's are working today. Not interested in play.

Amy&TrixieCat likes this.
  13. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

See if you can leave a voicemail for the vet with a little of her history. Maybe he/she will fit you in sooner. :bighug:

HWright and Stacy & Asia like this.
  14. Olive & Paula

They don't have individual voicemails. This office person I talked with I don't think she knows me. I explained the situation but she wasn't fazed at all. Apparently the doctors have all rearranged their schedules. This doctor (Cornell graduate) decided to take a bunch of time off for February so the others are picking up the slack. My favorite doc is always a wait. I don't care for the other at all.

I will email my fav and ask. He doesn't really do emails though so who knows when he gets it.

15. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Maybe ask if you can leave a message to have the Cornell vet call you back? Explain the situation to the vet and see if they can’t squeeze you in. I’ve also always had luck when I ask if I could be put on an appointment cancellation list and come in sooner if someone cancels. I’ve had such luck there, that I’ve had an immediate different answer then come in two weeks “oh, it looks like we do have a cancellation, can you come in tomorrow?” :joyful:

I know sometimes they really are just busy, but I also know there is a marketing strategy that if appointments seem to available and immediate, you wonder how great can this doctor be if I can get in right away. It’s pretty standard that they schedule 2 weeks out, busy or not.

16. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I have just one I trust and in a pinch will see one other. Fortunately my vet gets voicemails and will always fit me in within a day. I had to wait a week to get Mocha in tomorrow but since it’s not an emergency didn’t push. I’m going to ask him next time if I should leave a voicemail.

Has Love pooped? Maybe tummy is hard because of that.

17. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

18. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

19. Olive & Paula

She had a big poop this morning.

20. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Maybe she needs to be dewormed? (hard belly, etc.)

21. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Welcome Love! Looks like she is a fast study!. Did you decide to keep the name, Love? You could morph it into Lovey.

22. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hope all works out for getting Love to vet ASAP. Glad she’s eating and pooping. Idk about why the hard belly but that might be a reason for the clinic to provide a much sooner appointment.
    Glad she’s showing glimmers of learning that bg pokes might not be so bad after all. Smart girl and all in good time. I’m sure she knows how lucky she is to be with you and in your family. ❤️

23. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good day, all things considered. I hope you can get a vetty appointment soon. I wish Rusty had Love's appetite!

Have a good evening, Paula.

24. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Walking on her toes is good. Pleased to read that for her.
    You don't want that neuropathic planter gait .

Our other young cat was like that over food first off. Food.Food.Food. She was semi-feral but chose to come in and live with Tyler.
    These days we have to be careful as she has become finicky. This time last year she was looking among the duck scraps.

25. Olive & Paula

The name is growing on me. Lovey is the character from Gilligan's Island. I did not like her. Right now an appropriate name would be hissy fit!!!!

26. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Gilligan's Island is what I thought of too! How is PJ and Tux handling her?

27. Olive & Paula

PJ just hides under the chair. I miss her quirky antics. Tux just looks at her and when she hisses he runs. Tomorrow I am going to confine her a while and let PJ and Tux have some stress free time.

28. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I didn't think much of it either, but as the days went on, I grew to kind of like it too!!

It works in several ways "Are you ready for pokies, luv?" (as a term of endearment, not a name)

"Come on luv, let's get your shot done"....."It's time to eat luv"....etc.

29. Olive & Paula

I like the shorter spelling too. Luv. This I like. Have to ponder this.

HWright and PussCatPrince - GA like this.
  30. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Hhmm. Not to put you off but Luv to me is a bit.....erm......sommink. Bit cockney London. Bit working class Liverpool.

I think you should wait for her name to come to you. What we start calling them and what their real names quite often differ in a way. It may be she has a double -barrelled name inside there. Loveday as an example.

Love is a rather lovely old English name for a girl. A bit like Patience & Hope. Reminds me of old scented roses with spiky thorns .

There again Luv is equally a name of note, innit.

HWright likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.