2/12 Ming PMPS = 373, +3 = 344

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-11-ming-pmps-265-3-212-5-124.210632/

We’re getting consistent blues this AM. I hope Ming is okay tonight without me. I don’t want to take him to work but I will if I have to. He’ll have to let me know at PMPS if he needs my full attention hahaha!!

Even though I’m Canadian, the city I live in hardly sees snow. We probably only get 1-3 cm of snow a year once or twice a year and it usually disappears within a few days.

This year? Wooow. The last time I remember snow this deep was when I was in elementary school.

7486E953-7AF4-4DD9-BCA0-8F46E76DD63D.jpeg

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Are you somewhere near Vancouver? I heard they don't get much snow... right?

That's a flat cycle... o_O

3. Crista & Ming

Yes I live in the area of Vancouver. I like to call us Pretend Canada. We pretty much have Seattle weather. Rain rain and sunshine.

Anything I should watch out for with this flat blue cycle?

4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

I met a guy from Vancouver and he said the same thing .. they have the same weather as Seattle. He also said housing is super expensive out there. :eek:

Well, you know about the flat yellow cycles? It could happen with blues. Just test every couple hours. If you don't bring Ming with you tonight, can anyone monitor at home?

5. Crista & Ming

Well he decided to go up ahah

+7 = 263

My mom can monitor but not alllll night like I can. I’d be more concerned if he went down under 80 at PMPS then for sure I’d bring him in.

Yes, don’t get Vancouverites started about housing LOL! My only hope of owning a home here is inheriting my parent’s house :rolleyes:

6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

It seems Ming heard you discussing whether or not to bring you to work and made the decision for you. :joyful:

That's just awful. :oops:

7. Crista & Ming

PMPS = 373
    +3 = 344

So I dropped the Lantus cartridge on the ground this morning pretty hard. There's even a dent around the opening but it's still clear. Do you think it's still okay? Would it explain Ming's sudden spike upwards in the AM cycle? Or am I just paranoid lol

8. Crista & Ming

+5 = 290

Nevermind. The lantus is probably working if he's at 290 :rolleyes::smuggrin::smuggrin:

A kitty was hospitalized last week (pancreatitis) and she had what smelled and looked like maple syrup all over her mouth. So we took 2 BG readings and they were high (370s). She went home and then came in again today because she wasn't really eating. Her BG upon arrival was 223.

The vet decided to give her lantus tonight. An hour before 1 unit of Lantus, her BG was 322.
    +3 = 272
    +5 = 137

I'm a little concerned... I'm supposed to check BG every 4 hours but I'm definitely going to check in another hour (that's in 20 mins). I syringe fed her some LC and gave her 2 pieces of kibble (I gave kibble because that was what I had on hand at the moment and what she would eat until my mind clicked that I can probably syringe feed her lol).

It doesn't look like they did any tests to confirm she's diabetic but I actually don't even know what tests they do besides the fructosamine. The BG upon arrival seems normal considering it as stress from the vet.

Oh well.. I guess the good thing is I'm here tonight. The bad thing is now I'm stressed out LOL

9. Crista & Ming

Okay, the kitty's BG hasn't gone lower than 122 at +6.
    +7 = 133

Phew!

The instructions for AM is no insulin if lower than 216. So that's good.

Gawd, this isn't even my cat haah

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.