2/12 Sabian (PZI) AMPS-237! +3-247?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by patrick_777, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrick_777

patrick_777 Member

Wow. Today's AMPS was 237. I'm at a loss as to why she's this low. Maybe the low-carb really is having this dramatic of an effect?

Just looking at how she reacted to the .5u I pushed yesterday, I'm going to do the same and monitor her close in the +3 to +6 range.

Any advice?

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Re: 2/12 Sabian (PZI) AMPS - 237!

Looks like the low carb diet is starting to kick in, and yes, it can have this dramatic of an effect that is why we push it so hard.

Looking at how well she did yesterday, if it isn't broke don't fix it. If she was my Max I think I would be inclined to do the same thing today as yesterday. Of course I don't have any working knowledge of your insulin.

Mel, Max & The Fur Gang

3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Exciting that she continues to move down!

4. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Now, if you can just make sure she doesn't get into any kibble :roll: Great amps and the low carb is kicking in. You really need to get those U100 syringes today. That way you can give her .40 or .20, etc. Wait till you go back to your vet with this info :mrgreen: Heck, she may even end up OTJ the way she is going.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like Sabian is getting bettter every day. Now be prepared for that Blue (100's) amps coming one day :mrgreen:

6. patrick_777

patrick_777 Member

Re: 2/12 Sabian (PZI) AMPS - 237 +3-247

Weird. Her +3 is 247. Basically not going down even after the .5u this morning.

And yes, Hope. They got into the bag of kibble I accidentally left out on the counter this morning. That's probably what is causing her to stay stable instead of dropping.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep...and possibly even go north. That kibble can be strong stuff. We sometimes use it for a hypo to raise glucose #'s.

8. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

There ya go......got into the kitty crack again ;-)

9. patrick_777

patrick_777 Member

Yup...247 again at +6. Guess the dry kibble she snuck in negated the insulin I snuck in.

I'm giving her a break from the pokies until PMPS. Her poor ear needs a break.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually you got off easy..this could have been so much worse.
    Depending on how much she ate of the kibble.
    You know what I find interesting tho? She's not moving much so I imagine if she were kibble free we would have really seen a nice couple of mid cycles...kwim?

11. patrick_777

patrick_777 Member

That's what's aggravating. I was hoping for a good looking drop into the 100s today. Ride some blues for the afternoon then back up into the low-mid 200s at PM. So much for wishful thinking.

cat(2)_steam

12. patrick_777

patrick_777 Member

Forgot to post a pic of her today. Here's one from about a minute ago.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.