2/12 Thos Dose up? How much? - AMPS 99/+2.5 91/+5 82/+7 83/PMPS 100/+3 82

Discussion in 'Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir)' started by Tom & Thomas (GA), Feb 12, 2019.

  1. Tom & Thomas (GA)

    Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2018
    Previous 2/11

    Last night was our tenth cycle at 0.5u. I held it because yesterday bought such nice numbers, best surf ever for us. Today was high greens and flat. A bit of a breather after yesterday's excitement. And, again, my thanks for all the great help I got.

    To my eye, we continue to get nicer numbers, but only very slowly. Which may be fine. Especially since it is just three weeks ago that we started raising the dose again.

    Increase the dose? Or is there maybe more improvement to be wrung out of the current 0.5u? If we do go up, should I continue with the mini-creases? Or get wild and move right to 0.75?

    ETA: If the tiny increases are keeping our cycles flat, that's worth a lot to me.

    Just looking for the board's always valued insights here...
     
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  2. Gill & George

    Gill & George Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2015
    Your guy is looking great.
    With nadirs in the 50s just yesterday on this dose I would consider holding the dose for now.

    Let the numbers guide you, if you see those nadirs creeping up then it would be time to reconsider.
     
    Tom & Thomas (GA) likes this.
  3. Tom & Thomas (GA)

    Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2018
    Thanks, sounds like a good reason to hold.

    So I should be guided not so much by quiet cycles like today's but rather by the ones with a more sharply defined nadir?

    Nice clean run of blues for you today. It must be good to see George emerge from all the high numbers and choppiness. And you've managed it pretty quickly.
     
  4. Gill & George

    Gill & George Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2015
    The question to ask yourself, is how low is this dose getting Thos? The answer to that will usually indicate whether you should hold or increase.
     
    Tom & Thomas (GA) likes this.
  5. Gill & George

    Gill & George Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2015
    Thanks.
    Yes I'm happy he's out of the reds the steroids pushed him up in to. First time round it was 6-8weeks before we saw any movement in numbers, he got up to 3u, but I guess that was because he'd been an unregulated diabetic for a while before being diagnosed. This time round he only had a week in those numbers. It's usually harder to get them into remission a second time, but I'm hoping we can get him regulated quickly and that if we keep our fingers and paws crossed he goes into remission again. I am anxious to see more green but happy that in these blues he's at least below the renal threshhold so at least it's protecting his kidneys.
     
  6. Tom & Thomas (GA)

    Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2018
    Fingers and paws crossed here for you two.

    I know how very lucky I am that (with hyperthyroidism out of the way) Thos has no apparent comorbidities.
     
    Gill & George likes this.

Share This Page