2/12 Yoyo AMPS 79,+1 145,PMPS 106,+1 135,

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Yesterday 2/11 http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-11-yoyo-amps-183-pmps-160.225520/

Day 25 @ 1.68 Units Lantus

Good morning.....Yoyo still has me baffled, I do not understand why his +1's and +2's are so elevated. It is not a normal pattern for him. Usually if he is going to have an active cycle, his +1 drops and his +2 always drops. Now he has much later nadirs:confused:

I was getting ready to increase his dose this morning but last night Yoyo decided to visit the lagoon throughout the entire night. He woke up also being in the lagoon but after eating, wow, up approx 65 points!!
    If anyone has any opinions, please share:)

Have a good Wednesday and please, all Kitties - surf safely:bighug:

2. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

These guys are so confusing! Have a great day!

Debra and Yoyo likes this.
  3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Maybe it's something to do with the amount of carbs in his LC? He may have read your mind and didn't want a dosecrease? He's a cat and it's his job to baffle you?
    Sorry, I'm of no help at all. :rolleyes: I hope you get this figured out somehow. :bookworm:
    Yoyo, you little cutie pie, are you trying to drive your Mama crazy?? :joyful:

4. Debra and Yoyo

When I switched his food the new food by Weruva is lower in carbs. He was eating 5.9% and this Weruva is 2% with lower fat. My thought is maybe the lower carbs are throwing his numbers off. So just now I fed him a different can by Weruva with 9.7% carbs and lower fat. His poor tummy will be upset with me I am sure- but I am trying different things:bookworm:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I can only guess so will let others chime in.

Very nice though.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I wonder if it is the food. I hope Yoyo comes back down today.

7. Debra and Yoyo

I thought I read somewhere that sometimes different carbs can react differently. Maybe I am wrong in what I am saying but I tried higher carbs today to see what would happen. And he actually went down. Now, I can't say it was the higher carbs because maybe he was just going to visit the lagoon today, I'll never know. But his strange pattern started when I changed his food and the carbs got lower. His old food has 5.9% carbs and the new food has 2-3% carbs (depends which can I feed him). Maybe his body reacts kinder to the higher carbs which isn't really much of a difference, but who knows!! Also, the food that he gets a tummy ache with (the 2-3% carbs) is because it has sunflower oil seed as the second or third ingredient and his stomache does not like the oil. Maybe this upsets his sugar count too? The oil may be the real culprit?

All I can do is try things. But it does get frustrating when he was doing so well and then I see yellow numbers:(

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It is rare, but some cats actually don't do well with really low, or zero, carbs. Yoyo could be one of those cats. :bighug::bighug: