2/13 Buddy AMPS 345 (1.00u), PMPS +11.5 295 (1.25u)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by sommerbethel, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

2. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

Re: 2/13 Buddy AMPS 345 (1.00u), dosing question?

So, before I left for my dance competition this morning I became very sad when I saw Buddy drinking water like a camel, something he hasn't done since we first started on this board back in September. :YMSIGH:

Dosing Question:

I reread the protocol and it says that tomorrow morning I should increase dose to 1.25u, does anyone oppose this or have any other suggestions? My gut is telling me to increase dose tonight but I keep repeating to myself...shoot low and go slow!

Any dosing suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

Salmon Oil:

I'm considering adding 1/2 tsp of Salmon oil to Buddy's food starting tonight. This is what my holistic vet, Dr. Marty Goldstein, suggested back in September but I started to get results with the insulin path so I held off...

Any comments on adding Salmon Oil? It is Carb free...

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Sommer,

whats the oil for?

are u close to shot time tonite? hoping more experienced eyes can see this to advise

4. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

In Sept. Buddy's blood test showed a metabolic imbalance in his liver...Fish Oil is the number one thing in treating pancreatitis, that is why Dr. Marty suggested I start him on Fish Oil everyday.

I'm at +8.5 right now, but I will be shooting at +11.5 tonight to start to get back on track after the late shot Thurs. night...

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

here in the group we usually hold the dosefor 6 cycles before increasing. however, increasing tonight falls within the suggested guidelines of the protocol. i would not suggest increasing the dose before 6 cycles were completed to those who are knew to the dance, but you are an experienced caretaker. i think being aggressive is the way to go in this situation. you don't want buddy to become accustomed to these numbers. although if he drops by pmps, you may want to hold off on the increase tonight.

fish oil (omega 3s) are supposed to have anti-inflammatory properties. all of my kitties get about a half teaspoon divided in 2 servings (mixed in their food) every day. i had to start with a drop at a time and gradually add more because they didn't seem to like it at first.

6. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

Thanks Jill...I'll look to see what the PMPS is but I have a feeling it will be pink based on where he was at +7ish...if he drops I will hold off on dose increase :)

What brand of fish oil do you use?

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

i've been using Natural Factors RxOmega-3 Factors from iherb.com. they come in soft gels. i just make a whole in an end with a stick pin and squeeze the drops out into their food. however, this brand has soy in it. it hasn't seemed to bother my kitties, but i think i'm going to look for another brand after i use this up.

ps - soft gels last longer than the liquid. if you have the liquid, keep it in the refrigerator so it lasts longer.

8. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

Thanks...I'll be using Bravo, it is the liquid version...we will see how it goes :) fingers and paws crossed...

9. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

2/13 Buddy PMPS +11.5 295 (1.25u)

Dose increase tonight...also started adding 1/2tsp Salmon Oil to his dinner...

10. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

2/13 Buddy PM +2 277, +3.5 278

ni ni ll...looks like a surf...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.