2/13 Buzz PMPS: 77, +3: 51, +4: 56, +5: 48

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Buzz, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6077

WCR: Buzz is quite snuggly and happy this morning. She ate her breakfast and wanted more, as usual.

This morning's shot was 15 minutes late so I could make sure she was surfing/rising.

2. Sarah and Buzz

Re: 2/13 Buzz AMPS: 62, +2: 90

AMPS: 62 1.0u
    +2: 90
    +3.5: 72
    +5.5: 78 (fed meal)

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Buzz's SS is really looking great. She's had a couple of very green days!!

4. Sarah and Buzz

Yeah, she's been doing great! :) I am so happy, and she seems to be pretty happy as well.

I read something in another condo yesterday or today (can't remember whose) and someone had advised them that if a kitty falls below 50 TWICE on a dose, then they are due for a reduction. I believe it was Miriam who gave the advice, but I could be wrong. Was that advice specific to that person, or is that true in general?

I had thought it was if they fall below ONCE, but then I found this from the Tilly website: "When the cat regularly has its lowest BGs in the normal range of a healthy cat and stays under 100 mg/dl overall for at least one week, attempt to reduce the dose. Alternatively, if the nadir glucose concentration is 40 - <50 mg/dl at least three times on separate days, try lowering the dose. If the cat drops below 40 mg/dl once, reduce the dose immediately!" Link is here: http://www.tillydiabetes.net/en_6_protocol2.htm

5. Sarah and Buzz

Re: 2/13 Buzz AMPS: 62, PMPS: 77

PMPS: 77
    +4: 51
    +4.5: 56

6. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

Re: 2/13 Buzz AMPS: 62, PMPS: 77

the advice could have been for that specific person, it does change depending on how long the cat has been on insulin.
    wow just looked at your SS, things are looking great! :) and you're a quick learner, nice shooting today. shooting the low PS really does work nicely on this insulin.
    hope the green streaks last longer and longer until you get to that all green SS point that is the path back to you know where...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.