2/13 | Moose | AMPS = 82, +2 = 82, PMPS = 86; +2 = 57, +4 = 60

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Moose (GA) & Rae, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Good morning, kitties & beans! :cat:

Link to yesterday's condo.

Moosey Goose behaved himself yesterday and gave his mum a nice, flat curve. Although, he was a bit miffed that he didn't get as much gravy as he usually does :rolleyes: I'll make up for it today with some extra freeze dried chicky treats! (I'm sure he'd still prefer the gravy...he doesn't quite understand that he only gets gravy when his numbers are misbehaving.)

Thank you very much to @Bobbie And Bubba for encouraging me to go out last night to DBF's open mic night. I had a blast! :joyful:

Question of the day: I had bought some ketone sticks, is there a point in which I should start testing for ketones? Last time Moose went into remission, I was still testing at home but after reporting his "final" curve...the vet asked me to bring him in to test for ketones. They didn't want to confirm that he was in remission until they saw little to no ketones in his urine. Should I test for ketones if/when I start Moose's OTJ trial? I read about ketone testing here on FDMB, but I don't remember reading about when to test for them...maybe I missed that part...

Hugs to all kitties & beans. Have a very happy Tuesday! :D

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Moose today. Glad you got to get out and have fun last night. I'm not sure about the best time for ketone testing since Moose is doing so well.

Moose (GA) & Rae likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good Morning Rae! Was Ketones an issue with Moose last time he was on insulin or did the vet just want to be thorough? I would say that the best time to test for ketones would be if he were to all of a sudden lose remission and or go into higher numbers.

So glad that you got out last night and had fun. You have been a devoted caregiver with Moose and you deserved it!

4. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Good morning Bobbie! No, I don't remember it ever being an issue. You're right, the vet was probably just being thorough. Ok, thank you or your input!

Thank you so much, that means a lot :bighug: How was your dinner party on Saturday?

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

It was really nice and we had a lot of fun. We started with an antipasto platter & chocolate martinis . I made a pork loin with a wine sauce and served it with Duchess potato casserole ( oh so good 6 of us ate 3 1/2 pounds of potatoes :smuggrin: ) and brussel sprouts with capers and a champagne toast. My friend made a chocolate roll for dessert. It was a fun night.

6. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Oh wow!!! That all sounds so delicious! Did you make that all yourself? I'm salivating a little over here, lol!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  7. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

+2 = 82

Looks like another flat day! :D

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes, I did. I love to cook. Well, actually, I love to eat.......:rolleyes:

9. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Moose loves his 80's!

10. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Haha well they do go hand in hand, don't they? ;)

11. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

That he does, 82 specifically! :cat:

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  12. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

13. Bobbie And Bubba

:D

14. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member