2/13 Morris AMPS 203 - heading to pet sitters this afternoon

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6069

YAY! Yesterday he ate an entire can of EVO 95% chicken! 1 can of that has 210 kcals & the vet wants him to be eating a minimum of 270 kcals per day.....we're getting closer!!! A little later on today, I will give him some more SQ fluids (my first time doing it!) before taking him to the pet sitter this afternoon. I am still having troubles getting him to have his Pepcid AC in a pill pocket....perhaps the pet sitter will have better luck!

Here are the instructions I have ready to give to the pet sitter......am I forgetting to add anything?

 Please check blood glucose every morning & evening prior to giving insulin. If you get a reading of 70 or less, please hold food & insulin, then retest in 15 mins. If reading is higher, go ahead & feed and give insulin. If reading is lower, go ahead & feed but please skip that dose of insulin. His current insulin dose is 1.0u BID. If he is not too grumpy, you could try to do a spot or two at other times as well.
     Please give ¼ tab of Pepcid AC in a pill pocket approx 30 mins before feeding breakfast & dinner.
     Please try to get him to eat/drink as much as possible. I have provided a variety of food choices for him – whatever he would like to eat whenever he wants to eat is perfectly fine! I always mix in a bit of water with his food. Please write down what you feed when & approx how much of it he eats.

If there are any problems/concerns, please call me on my cell phone at __________. Our regular vet is (name & phone number).

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

just coming to this now...
    sounds like you have a good plan for the petsitter. i'm so glad morris is eating well!
    see you when you get back...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.