2/13 Pepper AM+8~82 - PMPS 133

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by pjstroop, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Happy Caturday LL!

Pepper's numbers have been high for the last week now... :sad:

WCR: Seems fine! A little grumpy.. but he has a good appetite and pees and poos are normal **sigh**
    No excessive water drinking to go with the higher numbers..

Seeing some high yellows and pinks the last few days.. so I am doing a curve today to see where he is at..
    I've been trying to sneak in a ketone test but so far he has out sneaked me.

Question?? I took him off of his Clemastine (antihistamine) last night - that he has been taking for approximately 3 weeks. It contains Lactose Monohydrate and Starch.. Do you think that this could contribute to the higher numbers??

ETA: Evening of 2/10 he missed a pill and I got a lower blue number on 2/11 AMPS.. that's why I was wondering about the pill ingredients.. hmmmmm... Hope that it's as simple as that!

Also, I have only been adding a drop on every 6 cycles.. do you think I should do a full .25 when increasing??

Hope ((everyone)) is doing well! Miss ya all...

My DM has been very ill with some secretive infection that she can't seem to kick! Dr's are stumped and I am absolutely frustrated on how to help her.. Please send prayers and good vibes for my DM.. Thanks!

I'll try to visit some condos later.. but life and its challenges are happening big time right now..

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Re: 2/13 Pepper AMPS 252 - +2~280 (????)

Pepper! What's with being grumpy?
    Paula, I hope you can find out the problem with DM soon. It's not fun to worry about stuff.

3. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

yikes! these numbers are so not pepper!
    i suppose the pills could be the reason... lactose and starch sound suspicious. i'd up the dose if nadirs don't come down...

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The antishistamines are a possibility. So why is it that vets prescribe meds and they don't know what the ingredients are? Geez! I hope the docs figure out what's going on with your DM.

5. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

Yikes what is going on Pepper. Haven't been posting and now I see this....no no Pepper. I hope the meds are causing this and will come down real soon for you Paula. I am so sorry to hear about your DM. Sending you get well vibes to all. I miss you and I also have had some challenges with this so I have not been able to post.

6. Patricia&Brownie

Patricia&Brownie Member

What?!! I've been away a few months and where's my green Pepper?!! :eek: Hope the antihistimine was the culprit (unless, of course, Pepper really needs it!). Hope your Mom's condition improves, and quickly!

7. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

what the.....? i had to check twice to make sure i was in right condo.
    whoa this past week what is going on?? (sigh, the on time there are no notes in side on SS). he started those pills 3 weeks ago, if there was a problem with the ingredients one would think that it would have shown up sooner in the BG's. he is acting totally normal? play level is the same as usual? really gotta suspect an infection somewhere with those so unlike him numbers. you able to get a good look inside mouth? checked him all over from head to toe for any bumps or such? what about anal glands? how are things at the back end?

8. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Paula, Pepper and DM)))

Of course will send good vines to DM.

And Pepper...WTH???? These numbahs are so not like you.

9. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Thank you everyone..

Pepper had a real good day today!

((Jojo)) - So glad that you popped in to give me some advice here! See what happens when you visit.. numbers look better already... lol.. iz magic ;-)

No.. he has not been playing as much the last few days. However, this afternoon he seemed like his old self.. Played some and then he begged me for a late afternoon snack at +8 and I was nicely surprised to see the 82..

Yes.. he has seen some real good numbers in the beginning of taking Clemastine (started 1/21 - put it in my comments on SS :oops: ).. He did have some scabbies on back from biting himself recently (antihistamine quit working about a week ago).. but, didn't look like any were infected.. Because he had been biting and scratching again I had been contemplating on stopping the antihistamine as it wasn't really working anymore. DM suggested that maybe the high numbers were due to the pills, so I googled the lactose monohydrate (which is made of milk sugar)... Hmmmmm... but like you wondered why wouldn't it show funky numbers sooner.. Not two weeks later!

I did check his bum and his mouth and everything looks fine on both ends.. But, am wondering too if he doesn't have an infection.. I did call vet today and we wondered if insulin might have pooped out too. So, I am picking new pens up on Monday..

Thanks Jojo again for popping in.. I hope you are feeling much better! We really, really miss you! Really!!

Another question?? Does anyone know how to get rid of saliva stain.. Pepper has a yellow chin from licking so much and I have tried to wash it but I can't get rid of the yellow.. Thanks for suggestions!

10. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey, there was a momentary Green Pepper :D

Come on buddy, I know you feel better lower.

11. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Where the heck is our GREEN PEPPER?? Oh, so you are trying out the other pepper colors?? Believe me Green is your color, so get back to it please?
    Sending healing prayers for your DH--My DSIL was in the hospital for 8 days with some bug & they never did find it, but she did get better..
    Hope your DM does the same.. HUGS~!

12. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

ahh, looking better. i did a double take at your earlier subject. hi paula :)

13. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Hi Paula.

Hope Pepper was just having some little blip.

healing wishes for your DM.

14. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Re: 2/13 Pepper PMPS 133 - +4~161

Ni night LL!

Headed in the wrong direction..

Adding a drop in the AM.. unless others think differently.. ;-)

15. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

gosh no, add the insulin. i think a vet visit is called for, suspect infection somewhere (or maybe that not playing spell was cause he had a CP flare?). but maybe a CBC will show WBC's up. or vet will see something you didn't. could just be a skin infection if the scab thingies are bad? either way, the pills aren't working so vet needs to see him to plan out what to try next. (no steroids please). but as i always say~ very hard to tx w/o a dx. did vet ever do skin scraping to make sure this isn't mites? have you tried single food r/o yet?
    and yeah for sure try new insulin, always good to rule that out.
    hope your DM gets well soon!

ps. yellow chin, can google stained fur or white cats stained fur, sure that breeders have tricks* i don't know of, but i would just shave area or trim down and wash daily. speaking of chin, you did check that carefully for any feline acne gone bad bumps that could be causing these numbers?

*btw if you read about the breeder's trick of using terramycin powder, forget it. we don't use AB's for cosmetic reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.