2/14/18 Love AMPS 406; +3.5=324; +5.5=340; PMPS 368; +5=452

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Question at end.

We have some progress on all fronts today. Last night she ventured into the yellows. I set the auto feeder up for her overnight so she would get +9 meal. Yesterday she did well eating a whole can every 4 hrs. At +11 she was banging the door so we need to tweak meals yet.

This morning she did not fight so much for pokey but she shook her head and we lost the very nice blood drop that was there.

Tux trots past her when in same room, she hisses at him but he just goes right past her. PJ is not hiding this morning. She is leary doesn't come into the room Love is in but PJ sits in the doorway and just looks.

Stool sample is negative so that is good.

My question for the day, I have read TR protocol. If low is greater than 200 but less than 300 increase 0.25 units. If over 300 increase by 0.5 units. What if current cycle is over 300 but immediate previous was 200 like last night? A one time under 300. What should I increase for tomorrow the 0.25 or the 0.5? I think we are pretty safe with the 0.5, looking for some insight though.

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

No advice on the TR but love that she is becoming more comfortable with you, PJ and Tux and vice versa.

Good news on the stool sample!

3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Great progress report on Love.

As for the TR protocol, I'd wait and see what Love does in this and next cycle before increasing tomorrow morning. If they don't drop below 300 before tomorrow, I'd do 0.5u increase.

4. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to hear the progress that Love is making! :)

5. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Great report on Love!
    Since the yellow showed up in the 4th cycle of the 1u dose and she's come down a lot today in 3.5 hours; I'd wait and see what happens today and tonight as it does look like she's starting to respond. Right now if you decide on the .5u increase there is still lots of room for her to come down and you are an experienced caregiver (although it's obviously too soon for "know thy cat").

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Right now I feel as if I know nothing. Since she is so new to treatment and we do not know how long she was diabetic, I have toyed with the idea of doing increases every 10 cycles (5 days) which is mentioned in TR. She is still settling in and I don't want to "shock" can't think of a better word her system with to much change to fast.

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you are seeing some improvement and things are getting better with the kitties. I think I'd wait and see what her numbers are today and tonight and then decide on the dose.

8. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I think that 10 cycles is a good time to wait although I know others like to increase quicker. Personally, I'm not fond of increasing when I know the cat is bouncing so 10 cycles would give her enough time to clear any bounce.

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  9. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

No dosing suggestions but glad that there’s headway in the feline family coalescence realms :bighug::bighug:

Olive & Paula likes this.
  10. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I interpret the protocol as saying on average, vs one under 300 with the rest over 300. But her being a new to you cat, it's hard to know her patterns yet and you don't have much data, it's possible all of her overnight nadirs are under 300. If it were me, I would hold the dose for 10 cycles (frustrating I know), try to get some more overnight data, and take it from there. It seems prudent to be more aggressive when you have a few more blanks filled in, plus you'll have more time to ease her in to testing because when you start seeing the lower numbers, you will be testing more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.